Greylisting anyone?

huan

Verified User
I'd like to configure my DA server to use greylisting in Exim. I know it's planned to be included in future releases of Spamblocker but does anyone use greylisting already with Directadmin? How do I set it up manually in the way that will work with DA config?

Last edited:
We found two methods of doing greylisting with Exim. One uses a flat file and the other MySQL.

The one using a flatfile required a daemon to run that we couldn't get to work properly :( .

The one requiring MySQL requires no daemon, but does require MySQL support compiled into Exim.

It's the latter I've decided to go with, and I haven't had time to recompile Exim and do the necessary testing (I'm in the middle of an office move).

If you wish to go ahead in advance of the future release, please do, and let us know how it works for you.

Jeff

Hi,

I would like to know whether is graylisting is included in SpamnBlocker already or not ?

Perhaps someone could get me that info.

Regards,
Alexander

No, it's not because I wasn't able to get it to work in the time I allotted for it.

I intend to spend more time on it this summer.

What I call "nolisting" is available; search these forums.

Jeff

My post above in this thread is not my last word on this subject; there have been other posts in other threads since.

I had problems trying to implement it which led me to decide I would stick with nolisting for me. Anyone else care to build it into DirectAdmin, just let me know when you've got it and I'll get it implemented into the official exim.conf file.

Jeff

Back