horde :: imp

xhenxhe

Verified User
Are there any plans to add horde to the mix of webmail programs???

:-/ I honestly cant see the need for 2 which it currently has and with the skins I have in development the uebimail link is removed as default, simply due to the fact many options for the same thing is often confusing to a new user.

I really think 1 that works is fine, and squirrelmail has been very good everytime I have used it aswell as horde, DA has taken the squirrel route and i cant see why they would want to add another one.

Chris

Now maybe this isn't entirely fair since I've only been using DA for 4 days, but here's my biggest gripes with Squirrel Mail so far: (maybe someone can correct me if I'm missing somthing here)
  1. Compose - This is just a little annoyance I go through composing a new email. SM (Squirrel Mail) makes you tab through four buttons before getting to the text box.
  2. Frames - suck! Why not just use tables and updates my folders everytime my main page is updated? I really don't think I'll notice a hit in time. At least give us the option.
  3. Filters - :confused:
  4. Address Book - This works OK in SM, but I prefer the JS popup in horde
  5. Select - horde allows you to select a number of different check boxes (All, none, unseen, seen, important, unanswered, etc. etc.) SM does have a nice "Toggle All" feature :p
  6. Mark As - Sometimes its nice to have the ability to mark emails as something other than read and unread...
    [/list=1]

Now don't get me wrong. I'm not huge fan of horde. I think it sucks too. It just sucks least! :)

(Now did SM actually think they had a chance to make it to COMDEX? - http://www.squirrelmail.org/)

Last edited:
xhenxhe said:
  1. Compose - This is just a little annoyance I go through composing a new email. SM (Squirrel Mail) makes you tab through four buttons before getting to the text box.
  2. Frames - suck! Why not just use tables and updates my folders everytime my main page is updated? I really don't think I'll notice a hit in time. At least give us the option.
  3. Filters - :confused:
  4. Address Book - This works OK in SM, but I prefer the JS popup in horde
  5. Select - horde allows you to select a number of different check boxes (All, none, unseen, seen, important, unanswered, etc. etc.) SM does have a nice "Toggle All" feature :p
  6. Mark As - Sometimes its nice to have the ability to mark emails as something other than read and unread...
    [/list=1]

1. 1) The 4 options are what you would get in outlook and most other clients:

to:
    cc:
    bcc:
    subject:

2) SquirrelMail can be skinned and there are skins available, im sure with a bit of work you could remove the frames yourself :)

3) I thought it had built in spam filters although i may be wrong, either way there are plenty of pre made plug-ins to filter emails, it even has its own section of flters: http://www.squirrelmail.org/plugins_category.php?category_id=3

4) /

5) There are also many plug-ins for this: http://www.squirrelmail.org/plugins_category.php?category_id=18

6) you can mark messages read / unread etc using the default SM, when viewing messages select the emails you wish to transform then select the read / unread / delete buttons appropiately.

you may also want to look at other plug-ins available at http://www.squirrelmail.org/plugins.php :)

Chris

1) The 4 options are what you would get in outlook and most other clients:

to:
cc:
bcc:
subject:
BUTTONS...
[Signature] [Addresses] [Save Draft] [Send]

Can we put these on bottom or tab over them?

2) SquirrelMail can be skinned and there are skins available, im sure with a bit of work you could remove the frames yourself :)

I haven't seen any themes without frames but I may be driven to create something if I can't find anything myself.

Thanks for the links to the plugins.

I also would love to have Horde included in DA. Especially because it has all those side apps for the address book, the calendar, etc.

But we will probably need to get a modular DA before we can dream about having Horde included.

That way we could chose in the plan, which webmail to include.

Back