Host Email Only

13blue

Verified User
I have someone that wants to leave their website where it is but host only pop email with me, is that possible? If so how I would I do that?

Create a skin that only has links to the email stuff.

I guess I should have specified, what do I need to point where? Like in the DNS.

Do I just need to point the MX record to my DA server?

Wherever there dns is hosted, change the mx record to your server and leave the website as is. Add the user to your DA and your set.

Thanks R1Lover. Just needed some confirmation. Now off to make it happen :/

Wherever there dns is hosted, change the mx record to your server and leave the website as is. Add the user to your DA and your set.
Well, not quite. You also have to change whatever URL(s) your client's users will use to point to their email, to also point to your server.

Jeff

lol, I was assuming that was a given to point to the correct mail server. Also if they are using webmail you will need to set that up with a url as well.

lol, I was assuming that was a given to point to the correct mail server. Also if they are using webmail you will need to set that up with a url as well.
I've been managing servers for others for over ten years, and if there's one thing I've learned, its that when you assume you make an ass out of u and me.

:D

Jeff

I've been managing servers for others for over ten years, and if there's one thing I've learned, its that when you assume you make an ass out of u and me.

:D

Jeff

I have been living for 40 and the same applies to life in general... not just servers :)

Offtopic
My oldest (and then still only) son was six years old when I took him and my wife to see the movie in 1971. It was the Texas premiere of the movie, and it caused a rift between my then business partner and his wife; I took my family to a premiere, and he didn't :).

What do you mean you would have never thought I was that old; haven't you seen my picture (above, next to my name :))?

Or did you think that was Einstein ;)?

Jeff

Back