hostname or ftp address

hdsmith02

Verified User
Hello,
I have a question concerning setting up a connection to my website, www.gilroysistercities.org, using Adobe Dreamweaver CS4. Setting up the ftp connection using "site", "manage sites", "edit", "basic", I get the requirement to enter "What is the hostname or FTP address of your Web server?" My internet service provider is South Valley Internet, and their address is www.garlic.com. The ftp manager, however,is DirectAdmin, where I have been updating my website using a different web designer software (NetObjects Fusion). Do I use the address of my internet service provider, or directadmin? Neither address works as yet; I get the message "An FTP error occurred-cannot make connection to host." Any help appreciated.

You should ask your hoster.
Normally you should have gotten login credentials from him for Directadmin, those are also for email and ftp.
So if your site hosted on the Directadmin sever is www.gilroysistercities.org, then with normal operation, you should use ftp.gilroysistercities.org as ftp hostname (ftp address) and the login credentials you got from your hosting provider.

If that does not work, you could best ask that company for help, because you are their customer, they should help you, we can't provide you with login credentials.

Back