How can I update/add the webmail module?

jeffery

Verified User
It seems that I have my webmail died!

It gives me the following errors :

Warning: mkdir(./tmp/_cached_templates): Permission denied in /var/www/html/webmail/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1412

Warning: Smarty error: problem creating directory "./tmp//_cached_templates/neotech.net" in /var/www/html/webmail/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1543

Warning: Smarty error: problem writing './tmp//_cached_templates/neotech.net/login.php.' in /var/www/html/webmail/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1543

Warning: fetch(./tmp//_cached_templates/neotech.net/login.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/webmail/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 633

Warning: fetch(): Failed opening './tmp//_cached_templates/neotech.net/login.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /var/www/html/webmail/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 633

how can I cope with this, and on the other hand, how can I install a new webmail rather then the DA's initial ones?

Thanks!!! :)

Turn off your safe_mode, than it'll work. (in the general php.ini)

Than add it to the template of DA and let DA rewrite everyones httpd.conf

Squirrelmail should be working since it does not use Smarty. It seems like a permission error to me I am not sure what it should be but 755 is a safe bet.

existenz said:
Squirrelmail should be working since it does not use Smarty. It seems like a permission error to me I am not sure what it should be but 755 is a safe bet.

Its uebimiau causing the errors - not SM - DA has both installed as default.

Chris

Sorry I was saying that Squirrelmail is a alternative and it sounds like UebiMiau has a permission error. I just realized how that sounds confusing ;)

What I mean to say is...Squirrelmail does not use Smarty only UebiMiau. Smarty is a template engine and I have seen those type of errors. Normally they come from:

1) Not uploading the correct file type

2) Permissions being wrong

See what the permissions on that folder is, I have a feeling that they are wrong somehow?

Last edited:
Thanks!

but still, can I install a new webmail instead of the installed two?

:D

To make it work server wide just installed the new webmail script to /var/www/html/. You just need to name the folder webmail to make it work like the default.

But it will know the config of my system ?
that's the mail config of DirectAdmin!

Will the new webmail be able to login DA email accounts??

Thanks!

Most webmail script are just that scripts. They have NOTHING to do with DirectAdmin, your server' settings anything like that. You will need to perform some configuration and for that you need to look to the webmail vendor.

What most of the setups need is your POP/IMAP server address, SMTP address or Sendmail (Exim in our case) location. For most of the webmail scripts you can use localhost as the POP/IMAP and SMTP.

You can test them out by installing them on one of your domains before installing system wide. One note SquirrelMail is regarded as the best open source webmail scripts.

Haha~ but this will only cause my webmail re-installed..!

I can have my webmail re-installed by running the script everyday then!!~ :p

It will reinstall all files and set permissions correctly, which would get rid of the errors you have.

Chris

Jeffery (and others),

While I don't recommend adding another webmail script, as SM seems to fit most people's needs, I did answer a previous post here with the information required.

Jeff

Back