Verified User
I need to configure as follows
webserver : nginx
FTP server : proftpd
PHP version : php 7.4
PHP mode : php-fpm
CustomBuild to manage :phpMyAdmin

How can I operate it?

It seems that it cannot be manually installed at present?

You want to install it on existing DA or at new server install?

The default installation will use apache. You have to provide custom options.conf before installation. Add /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/options.conf in that directory and inside that options.conf, you can change server type, php version, and more.

The default installation will use apache. You have to provide custom options.conf before installation. Add /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/options.conf in that directory and inside that options.conf, you can change server type, php version, and more.
How do I custom options.conf ???

DA_INTERACTIVE_CUSTOMBUILD=yes
will ask you for all you need.

[root@localhost ~]# chmod +x setup.sh
[root@localhost ~]# export DA_INTERACTIVE_CUSTOMBUILD=yes
[root@localhost ~]# ./setup.sh

Is installed by default

Didn't ask me how to set

The export thing might not work properly (experienced this before). You can try this put that variable inline:

DA_INTERACTIVE_CUSTOMBUILD=yes ./setup.sh

or use options.conf. This is my sample options.conf:

php1_release=8.0
php1_mode=php-fpm
php2_release=7.4
php2_mode=php-fpm
php3_release=7.3
php3_mode=php-fpm
php4_release=no
php4_mode=php-fpm
secure_php=yes
php_ini=yes
php_timezone=Asia/Kuala_Lumpur
php_ini_type=production
x_mail_header=yes

#MySQL Settings
mysql=5.7
mariadb=10.6
mysql_inst=mariadb
mysql_backup=yes
mysql_backup_gzip=yes
mysql_backup_dir=/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/mysql_backups
mysql_force_compile=no

#WEB Server Settings
unit=no
webserver=nginx_apache
http_methods=ALL
litespeed_serialno=trial
modsecurity=yes
modsecurity_ruleset=comodo
apache_ver=2.4
apache_mpm=auto
mod_ruid2=no
# This is a security feature, disable user directory access
userdir_access=no
# This is a security feature to disable FollowSymLinks and replace with SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
harden_symlinks_patch=yes
# Set is to redirect everyone to hostname. We set to no, and enable later in script
use_hostname_for_alias=no
# Place holder, change later in script
redirect_host=abc.server.com
# This is to redirect hostname automatically to https. We set to no, and enable later in script
redirect_host_https=no

#WEB Applications Settings
phpmyadmin=yes
phpmyadmin_public=yes
phpmyadmin_ver=5
squirrelmail=no
roundcube=yes
webapps_inbox_prefix=no
#ClamAV-related Settings
clamav=yes
clamav_exim=yes
modsecurity_uploadscan=no
proftpd_uploadscan=no
pureftpd_uploadscan=no
suhosin_php_uploadscan=no

#Mail Settings
exim=yes
eximconf=yes
eximconf_release=4.5
blockcracking=yes
easy_spam_fighter=yes
spamd=rspamd
sa_update=daily
dovecot=yes
dovecot_conf=yes
mail_compress=yes
pigeonhole=yes

#FTP Settings
ftpd=pureftpd

# Statistics Settings
# We do not need this enabled (speed up server)
awstats=no
webalizer=no

#CustomBuild Settings
custombuild=2.0
custombuild_plugin=yes
autover=yes
bold=yes
clean=yes
cleanapache=yes
clean_old_tarballs=yes
clean_old_webapps=yes
downloadserver=files.directadmin.com
unofficial_mirrors=no

#Cronjob Settings
cron=no
cron_frequency=daily
email=[email protected]
notifications=yes
# Do not auto update directadmin
da_autoupdate=no
updates=no
webapps_updates=yes

#CloudLinux Settings
cloudlinux=no
cloudlinux_beta=no
cagefs=no

#Advanced Settings
# This option is used to install curl by directadmin. We will install curl by system first
curl=no
ssl_configuration=intermediate

#Other packages
csf=no
redis=yes
#PHP extensions can be found in php_extensions.conf

Change the above settings to match your requirement and put that file inside /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/options.conf. Then just run a normal setup without passing DA_INTERACTIVE_CUSTOMBUILD=yes, the installer will use options.conf to install.

Last edited:
[root@localhost ~]# chmod +x setup.sh
[root@localhost ~]# export DA_INTERACTIVE_CUSTOMBUILD=yes
[root@localhost ~]# ./setup.sh

Is installed by default

Didn't ask me how to set
Maybe you trying to install on same server after previous one? It works on clean OS when you try install DA first time.
If installation was running before - there already existing config files /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/options.conf - you can remove this file/dir or modify it's content

The export thing might not work properly (experienced this before). You can try this put that variable inline:

Change the above settings to match your requirement and put that file inside /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/options.conf. Then just run a normal setup without passing DA_INTERACTIVE_CUSTOMBUILD=yes, the installer will use options.conf to install.
sample options.conf
Can I add only what I want to set?

Can I remove some things that I don't know need to be set?

sample options.conf
Can I add only what I want to set?

Can I remove some things that I don't know need to be set?

The file options.conf I gave to u was my sample. I don't have the default options.conf but if you want to see the default content of options.conf, remove existing options.conf, then run a normal setup.sh and stop the installation CTRL+C when the setup is trying to run custombuild, then u will see default options.conf being generated in /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/options.conf there. Change that setting in options.conf there and re-run setup. So, from your question, yes u can remove other settings (i tested without issue) or you can just leave them and only change what you need. When you remove one of the settings, it will auto-generate that setting again at the bottom of options.conf if u run custombuild again (u will always have the full list setting in options.conf if u run setup.sh because setup.sh will call custombuild too). You only need to change these from your requirements:

php1_release=7.4
php1_mode=php-fpm
webserver=nginx
ftpd=proftpd
phpmyadmin=yes

Last edited:
The file options.conf I gave to u was my sample. I don't have the default options.conf but if you want to see the default content of options.conf, remove existing options.conf, then run a normal setup.sh and stop the installation CTRL+C when the setup is trying to run custombuild, then u will see default options.conf being generated in /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/options.conf there. Change that setting in options.conf there and re-run setup. So, from your question, yes u can remove other settings (i tested without issue) or you can just leave them and only change what you need. When you remove one of the settings, it will auto-generate that setting again at the bottom of options.conf if u run custombuild again (u will always have the full list setting in options.conf if u run setup.sh because setup.sh will call custombuild too). You only need to change these from your requirements:

Thank you very much for your help. I have completed the installation

hey these settings are ok to go? or we can change them if we use LiteSpeed or anything better tell me

Back