How does one buy the DirectAdmin Pro Pack

cbarone

Verified User
As seen in the title. I'm curious as to how someone buys the DirectAdmin Pro Pack. I see new features in the updates that say they are for the pro pack, but i don't see any information anywhere on pricing or how to buy it...

As seen in the title. I'm curious as to how someone buys the DirectAdmin Pro Pack. I see new features in the updates that say they are for the pro pack, but i don't see any information anywhere on pricing or how to buy it...
That is because the Pro Pack is included by default in all lite and standard licenses sold by DirectAdmin. (If you did not buy a license from DirectAdmin then the Pro Pack might not be included. Maybe @DirectAdmin Sales knows.)
And the Pro Pack is included in all lifetime licenses that have the support add-on.

At the moment it's just a retail product -- but it should be visible in provider accounts at a discounted rate (our Bulk Pricing for retail licenses). If you mean a legacy lifetime license, the Support Extension option is the only way to do it (and this is true of any account, not just datacenter).

At the moment it's just a retail product -- but it should be visible in provider accounts at a discounted rate (our Bulk Pricing for retail licenses).
So it requires a new license and isn't an addon which can be addded to a current internal license? How much is the pricing difference between a normal bulk license and a retail bulk license?

i have an vps from a datacenter with a:
TypeInternal Bulk Lifetime (Approved Accounts Only)

Also i want to have the pro pack but they dont give options for that atleast not yet :(

As you could read, they are not available for internal licenses. Might be changed in the future, we don't know.
I think the question wasn't about the current availability but rather a request for a comment on plans for a future availability (since there's demand for it).

I think the question wasn't about the current availability but rather a request for a comment on plans for a future availability (since there's demand for it).
yes shure there is demand for it i do now pay 5 euros each month to use directadmin cp if i want to use the pro pack i am going up to 29 dollar

i would hope they release it on a point for idk amout of price i really do want to use the pro pack but not with a that big of a price

i have an vps from a datacenter with a:
TypeInternal Bulk Lifetime (Approved Accounts Only)

Also i want to have the pro pack but they dont give options for that atleast not yet :(

@magis010 How are you seeing "Internal Bulk Lifetime (Approved Accounts Only)" as an end-user of a datacenter? Such a thing would only be visible in the datacenter's account. You won't see that in your DA licensing/updates page.

My mistake then. Now I recall, we did prevent something (showing of price) but we kept the product description.

It should be noted that nothing stops a datacenter from adding the support extension, which works out to almost half-price of a retail Standard license. So I guess the question is, is half-price still too much?

Maybe some DCs don't know they can do this, but I never heard of one refusing to do it for a customer. :)

Last edited:
It should be noted that nothing stops a datacenter from adding the support extension, which works out to almost half-price of a retail Standard license. So I guess the question is, is half-price still too much?

Does it mean additional $15 (about half of $29 for retail standard license)? Like $10 for internal license and $15 for support addon so $25 per month?

Maybe some DCs don't know they can do this, but I never heard of one refusing to do it for a customer. :)
I think since there isn't automation (or at least no implemented by provider), some like OVH don't do this. Buying the pro pack as addon one or the other way would be quicker and simplier than bothering the company/support to do so (if they do it at all).

Last edited:
@webcraft Above he mentions it's a lifetime license so the support extension would be the only cost in that specific case.

For recurring products it makes more sense to just switch to the recurring product you want, instead of adding "packs" onto it. Kind of like someone asking, can they purchase a pack that allows their Lite license to function as Standard. Obviously, that's clunky. It's easier to just switch to Standard.

I think there's too much confusing license variety and inconsistency, because we keep looking backwards instead of forwards. I think it would be better to get rid of "Pro Pack" and just have those features as part of all modern licenses. At the same time, end legacy internal pricing (it'll be 20 years old next year), end support extensions, and add more bulk pricing discounts so true high-volume datacenters can get fully-featured licenses for less price and less confusion. :)

I think there's too much confusing license variety and inconsistency, because we keep looking backwards instead of forwards. I think it would be better to get rid of "Pro Pack" and just have those features as part of all modern licenses. At the same time, end legacy internal pricing (it'll be 20 years old next year), end support extensions, and add more bulk pricing discounts so true high-volume datacenters can get fully-featured licenses for less price and less confusion. :)
Agree with you. It's too confusing which license I do need for full features, how to get it, how to upgrade or if upgrade at all, way too complicated for end admins.

@DirectAdmin Sales Can you please clarify DAs plans with Lifetime Licenses in 2023, instead of casually bringing this up left and right on the forum, so at least we know where we stand and can start planning accordingly?

Back