How easy is it to self install DA?

stub

Verified User
I want to buy a personal license. But I'm leary of installing it on a new unmanaged vps. How easy is it to install? Can someone point to any installation instructions?

Thank you. I found that document after posting, and I'm even more convinced that I need some help with this. Like what else do I need and where do I get it from, and how do I install it, and in what order, and how should I configure it. Should I go for an unmanaged server, and build everything up from there? I think I would like to have CloudLinux and LiteSpeed. Finding a webhost with reasonable size limits and costs, and support, seems like a minefield as well. MariaDB or MySQL? Does it matter? Do they use the same interchangeable code? Is OpenLiteSpeed a mature option to choose? What are the downsides of using OpenLiteSpeed? Are there any services which can guide me thru this minefield? Maybe offers a packaged solution?

You can install Direct Admin, and after the install re-configure your own setup with litespeed/apache/ngninx/apache&nginx and your choice to use MariaDB or MySQL and other packages... etc

Self i do use CentOS 7 but 8 is better.

Installation starts at Step 3.

Last edited:
Use ./setup.sh auto for no command line prompts.

Code:
wget http://www.directadmin.com/setup.sh
chmod +x setup.sh
./setup.sh auto
/usr/local/directadmin/directadmin I

If you need something more, I find https://www.mc2.dev are very helpful.

If it doesn't work the first time you can always start over. That's how you learn.

Reactions: Aar
Sorry for any delay. I posted here because I was having a nightmare with another not so famous cloud control panel and an unmanaged VPS. I was hoping this was going to be an easy fix to that. But I'm really not the one to be delving around on a linux command line. Even following very clear instructions. It really isn't my forte. What I really needed was to say to somebody, I want, this, this, and this, plus whatever your expertise can contribute. But even that had some holes. Because I upgraded my unmanaged VPS, and then I couldn't upgrade my memory in the control panel. So going unmanaged, I think is fraught with difficulties beyond my capabilities to fix. So I'm looking for an inexpensive managed solution. Which I think I have found, but only time will tell. At least the transfer went without major headaches. Which was a lot better than 1 month with my domain not working in my unmanaged VPS with the cloud control panel. Mostly I blame the control panel, I think they had something misconfigured but didn't know it. Because there were zero problems with my 2 previous managed hosts and my new managed host. July-August 2020 has been a very large learning lesson.

Last edited:
Back