How to catch messages marked as spam in the configuration of exim ?

hostfast

Verified User
Hello,

I have internally blacklist in MySQL.
How can I tell if a message was classified as spam ?
In this case I need add info about sender IP/domain to blacklist ?
Is this possible?

Regards.

I'm not sure what you mean. Have you written a custom blocklist using MySQL? If so, then yes, you can use SpamBlocker 4 and change the ACLs to write infomation to your MySQL database.

Otherwise please try to clarify what you mean.

Jeff

I'm not sure what you mean. Have you written a custom blocklist using MySQL? If so, then yes, you can use SpamBlocker 4 and change the ACLs to write infomation to your MySQL database.

Otherwise please try to clarify what you mean.

Jeff

You lessen

jlasman, so listen.
What I mean is that I have advanced methods to reject unwanted messages. When sending email other than the normal host, write it yourself and then it revoke it's for 1 day. Likewise, I want to catch the hosts that spamassassin has detected as spam and add it's to my blacklist for 86400 seconds or more. Which acl's is best for it ?

Do you understand what's the deal?

Regards

Last edited:
If you have advanced methods as you call them, and you want to share, then do so, and the community and I will work together to include them.

If you don't want to share your methods with the community, then that's fine. You can modify your own exim.conf file to use MySQL a MySQL database, to put certain servers into the MySQL database, and to check against that database.
Likewise you can write code in exim.conf to examine messages that have already been through SpamAsassin, and put the sending IP#s into the same database, based on their SpamAssassin score.

In both situations you'll need a separate program to sweep and clean the database of entries over 24 hours old.

Teaching you how to rewrite your own exim.conf code is well beyond the scope of this forum; I suggest buying a good book on Exim 4 (there's one written by Dr Philip Hazel, the architect and original author of Exim; you can read about it here (amazon.com), and learning how to write the exim configuration file, as I did (it only takes a few months to become proficient).

I detect a bit of antagonism in your post. I hope I'm mistaken, as antagonism on a forum only leads to being excluded and not helped.

Jeff

Back