How to disable CLAMAV (out-of-date) from EXIM ?!?

uollan

Verified User
Hi,

I've found this "not-so-good-news" this morning:

Starting from 15 April 2010 our CVD will contain a special signature which disables all clamd installations older than 0.95 – that is to say older than 1 year.

So, pop3 it's working but it seems can't receive e-mail?
smtp don't work

I've tried to upgrade clamav using this guide:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ClamAV

and it's seems upgrated:

ii clamav 0.96+dfsg-1ubuntu1~hardy~ppa1 anti-virus utility for Unix - command-line interface
ii clamav-base 0.96+dfsg-1ubuntu1~hardy~ppa1 anti-virus utility for Unix - base package
ii clamav-daemon 0.96+dfsg-1ubuntu1~hardy~ppa1 anti-virus utility for Unix - scanner daemon
ii clamav-freshclam 0.96+dfsg-1ubuntu1~hardy~ppa1 anti-virus utility for Unix - virus database update utility

but it's still down and if i check for clamav status it looks like this again:

LibClamAV Warning: ***********************************************************
LibClamAV Warning: *** This version of the ClamAV engine is outdated. ***
LibClamAV Warning: *** DON'T PANIC! Read http://www.clamav.net/support/faq ***
LibClamAV Warning: ***********************************************************
LibClamAV Error: cli_hex2str(): Malformed hexstring: This ClamAV version has reached End of Life! Please upgrade to version 0.95 or later. For more information see www.clamav.net/eol-clamav-094 and www.clamav.net/download (length: 169)
LibClamAV Error: Problem parsing database at line 742
LibClamAV Error: Can't load daily.ndb: Malformed database
LibClamAV Error: cli_tgzload: Invalid size in header
LibClamAV Error: Can't load /usr/local/share/clamav/daily.cld: Malformed database
ERROR: Malformed database

ANY IDEA?

CAN ANYONE HELP ME TO DISABLE IT SO MY CUSTOMERS CAN CHECK THEIR OWN E-MAIL BOXES ?!?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

You can disable the section of your exim.conf file that passes email through ClamAV. Since ClamAV isn't installed by default on the standard distribution exim.conf file, you should know what you added and how to delete it :).

Be sure to restart exim after any changes to the exim.conf file.

If you want to fix it, check recent posts in Administrator Difficulties; if you want it fixed for you, find an admin who can do it :).

Jeff

thank you jeff,

It's very strange... it seems updated, but it don't work!
Can i uninstall and reinstall it?

If I were you I'd uninstall it and then reinstall it manually using instructions in the DirectAdmin forums.

There's an update script that can install it, and there's a thread on installing ClamAV that has all the information you should need.

Jeff

Make sure your exim.conf file hasn't been changed.

I did it... and to find the correct method in directadmin forum to reinstall it!
:)

Thank you smtalk...
i've already seen this script before ! good work...
i think this will be useful for many people !
do it works also with debian ?!?

Back