How to host mail for the top-level site?

InTheWoods

Verified User
One thing that seems to be the most confusing coming from cPanel is the management of accounts.

It appears that an admin account can not directly create end-user shared accounts, and thus, must create a reseller account to manage end-user accounts. But when you do that, the reseller doesn't appear to have the ability to create @domain emails or manage their account in a similar fashion that the end-user would.

As an admin, I created a reseller using the "mydomain.com" domain. But now I can't create @mydomain.com email addresses, because no options exist when logged in as that reseller to do that. Furthermore, I can't create a shared account under that domain because it's "already in use" by the reseller.

I've searched and I can't quite find anything that answers this because any combination of "directadmin" and "email" just brings me a ton of end-user results that do not apply. Any help would be appreciated.

Disregard... I created a new 'reseller' with a different branded domain. Moved the few demo/test sites under the other reseller to it, deleted the domain I wanted to use from the system, created a new account under the new reseller with that domain, and setup email that way.

Sort of backwards, but it works.

Back