how to install rutorrent on centos

FileSick

Verified User
hello

i want to install rutorrent on my centos 64 bit server so i can use it like a seedbox and i tried many ways to do so but all of them failed so could you please help me and tell me how to do it the right way

waiting for your respond

nothing is illegal all the files on the server are free files like firefox and google chrome windows media player and that's it nothing illegal like movies or music etc and i will only seed my work nothing more so please help me

waiting for your respond

thank you so much understanding and helping but i used this tutorial and i am getting two errors one before it starts installing and another one at the end and it won't complete and here is a screen shot to these errors

the first error after all of configuration and before installation this error show up

http://imgur.com/BNQCe3L

and this error in the middle of the installation it doesn't finish

http://imgur.com/wZbbW31

i hope this help

waiting for your respond

come on guys it's like piece of cake to you please help me

by the way a friend of mine told me that i need to download the rutorrent from the website so i did and it was zipped they uploaded it then extracted it to mydomain.com/rutorrent but there is this message that says

No connection to rTorrent. Check if it is really running. Check $scgi_port and $scgi_host settings in config.php and scgi_port in rTorrent configuration file.

i know it's a config thing but i don't know how to config it i checked the official how to config page on their webpage and i did what they say by leaving it as the way it is default but still the same problem when i try to add torrent file is says failed to add

please guys help me out

waiting for your respond

I would help if I could but, I am no coder :) :(
Im sure someone here "may" be able to point you in the right direction, but also remember every script is different and if no one has had any experience then the answer may not come.
now the pics about ports, can you change the the rutorent to use say port 8080 for that and for 443 maybe a different port as well?
after all its something that will be special to you and your followers so what ports you use would be your choice and the ones who used it would also know those ports to connect?

I see a lot of places telling how to and this one says about the webserver and how to, on install, to disable those
http://whattheserver.me/billing/kno...-FTP-Webmin-UbuntuorDebianorFedoraorMore.html

seems to me you only need the OS and from there do this install, no other web server is needed, it will do its own thing

Last edited:
tried it but still doesn't work
is there is any other way to install rutorrent or deluge on my server ?

waiting for your respond

It's likely that this an unusual configuration for a DirectAdmin server and no one has any experience with it. Perhaps you'd be better off asking the rutorrent community.

Jeff

actually Jeff, unless I misunderstood the install, this only needs the OS, the web-server is the rutorrent, no need for Apache either.
Apache = A patch ing?? :D

"if" I had the time and a spare server with centOS on it I would jump in and give it a shot....just to see, Im wondering if the install was done on a virgin OS install if it would make a difference?

Last edited:
PS
@FileSick
have you tried to do a local install????
you must have a spare machine hanging around, not much good for production but enough to try it that way?

i don't know guys i am not good at all with linux never used it before my hosting server so i don't really know i knew about ssh by accident but i am not familiar in anyway with rutorrent but i will try to post it rutorrent forum and see what will happened

thank you so much guys for your great responds

have a nice day

If you're as inexperienced as you say then i'd highly recommend a trial build somewhere else before you risk your hosting machine, unless of course there's nothing important on the hosting machine and you don't mind rebuilding it if you break it.

Jeff

@jeff you are absolutely right that's why i won't install rutorrent on my server anymore

thank you so much guys and have a very nice day

Back