How to send Mass Mail (Mail Server) on DA?

fast

Verified User
Hello,

A client of mine wants to send regular emails to 15,000 e-commerce users. I want to buy a new directadmin license. Do you think it can send a mass email to 15,000 people in 1 hour? We will buy special ip address and special directadmin license for this job. Can I do this with the DA panel? I need help with mailServer Setup (in DA) setup documentation.

Regards

Thanks for your reply. I will use 5950x CPU and 16GB Ram. Do I need any other settings to configure other than DKIM-DMARC-SPF and basic exim settings?

also change max-recepients limit
don't send all emails, drop it to pieces like 300-500 recipients each, so you can control what was sent and what failed.

Last edited:
What I do for my clients is setup PHPList on a sub domain of the site (on a separate user from the main site), eg: news.yourdomain.com

And make sure it rate limits, has proper unsubscribe links, proper bounce back address, etc... Then they import their customer list into it and send all their emails though there. Would recommend not trying to send them all at once to that man addresses, it will trip so many email monitoring systems, especially if your trying to send them all at once, you would look like a spammer. Doing it this way has worked out well, previously many of them were trying to do it all at once via email clients/sendblaster/etc and were constantly flagged.

Did you get Service Provider which allows you to send mass emails? If yes, use PostFix and PowerSMTP to send as much as you want.. Always remember that if you send mass emails, the biggest challenge would be IP Blacklist, Domain Suspension, and many other things.

Apart from that, Control Panels don't have such restrictions. You can use DirectAdmin or any other panel that would work.

becarefully, your datacenter might be warn you or kick you out.
for 15k target in 1 Hour. you might need around 10-15 IP and make some config to rotate IPs. but it still can flag as spammer if you send too fast. this will be send as 1000 msg per IPAddress.

becarefully, your datacenter might be warn you or kick you out.
This , better use email campaign providers like MailChimp to avoid problems.
I am certain if you do this from your own server eventually your IP become flagged or worse blacklisted.
Maybe even de emails don't get delivered because your IP is not trusted or greylisted , so try to "warm up" your IP number(s) prior starting this

Thank you all for your valuable information. I was using AmazonSES service before. But the costs are too high in my country.

• I will follow your recommendations. Some of my attempts will be as follows;
  • I'll warm up the IP addresses first. I will put an "Unsubscribe" link in the footer of each post.
  • I'll split email packets into chunks, not bulk. For example I will try to send 750 emails per minute. (Can I limit this in the directadmin panel? I need help)
  • For this job, I will request 5 ip addresses from the Hetzner data center.
  • I'll look into Postfix and PowerSMTP.

Meanwhile, all 15,000 customers are GDPR compliant and have agreed to see their email newsletter. They are never spam.

Thank you all.

Back