How to Unblock port 2222...?

Themis

Verified User
Hello.

Currently I use AWBS as my billing system and when at AWBS administration setup a directadmin server, checking connection fails.
All related entered data are correct (ip, username, password etc).
Any idea how to unblock the port?

Best regards
Themis

To be more precise:

How to allow AWBS to establish a connection with the DA server?

Note that I had installed the plugin Security and Firewall, but I have disabled it for the connection test and also I have for my clients the plugin IP block/unblock, in which I entered the AWBS IP and clicked Unblock, but still no connection was established.

Also, apparmor which comes with Ubuntu is disabled / stopped.

Any ideas on this issue are appreciated.

Anybody using AWBS by the way?

Best regards
Themis

You need to make sure outgoing traffic to port 2222 isn't blocked on your AWBS server and that incoming traffic on port 2222 isn't blocked on your DirectAdmin server. You also need to make sure AWBS can connect to port 2222 on either http or https, whichever your DirectAdmin server uses.

Note that I'm not using AWBS; I'm writing this as a generic response.

Jeff

-=Solved=-

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for your advice.
The problem was that I tried to test the connection with the option Use secure (requires curl>v7.10) checked.

After I have Unchecked this option, connection was established immediately.
My Cpanel server requires this option to connect AWBS to WHM and create accounts automatically.
At my DA server I have installed curl 7.2 but it doesn't work.

Is this some kind of misconfiguration, or DA server doesn't need this option?

Best regards
Themis

You haven't indicated whether or not your DirectAdmin server requires a secure login to port 2222. If so, then it probably needs the Use secure option. Note that if it does, then 7.2 may not be a late enough version.

Jeff

You haven't indicated whether or not your DirectAdmin server requires a secure login to port 2222. If so, then it probably needs the Use secure option. Note that if it does, then 7.2 may not be a late enough version.
Jeff

Hi Jeff,
I'm not sure I understand your reply.
How do I set up my DA server to require a secure login?

Back