How to upgrade Webalizer via CustomBuild

crazyloong

Verified User
When I enter the "./build webalizer", nothing appears. My webalizer' version still is 2.01.
How to?

Try:
Code:
echo 'action=tally&value=all' >> /usr/local/directadmin/data/task.queue
/usr/local/directadmin/dataskq d

The build script used to have hard coded webalizer version info. I see this has now changed within the last month so that webalizer info is now contained in versions.txt

1. So, be sure you have the latest build script and versions.txt ('build update_script' and 'build update_data')
  2. The build script is still setup to not overwrite an existing binary, so rename your current to something temporary (in case you have problems).
  3. Then ./build webalizer should do the trick.
Possible pitfalls
a) On plain vanilla Centos5.2 you will need to be sure you have the devel package for db or DNS lookups will silently go away.
b) The history file format changes mean that there is no going back after running the new binary against the existing data - it is prudent to test so you can rename the old binary before letting her rip (see pitfall a)

When satisfied, you can follow the directions by smtalk if you are in a hurry or wait until the next log rotation.

Last edited:
Try:
Code:
echo 'action=tally&value=all' >> /usr/local/directadmin/data/task.queue
/usr/local/directadmin/dataskq d

it still is 2.01

The build script used to have hard coded webalizer version info. I see this has now changed within the last month so that webalizer info is now contained in versions.txt

1. So, be sure you have the latest build script and versions.txt ('build update_script' and 'build update_data')
  2. The build script is still setup to not overwrite an existing binary, so rename your current to something temporary (in case you have problems).
  3. Then ./build webalizer should do the trick.
Possible pitfalls
a) On plain vanilla Centos5.2 you will need to be sure you have the devel package for db or DNS lookups will silently go away.
b) The history file format changes mean that there is no going back after running the new binary against the existing data - it is prudent to test so you can rename the old binary before letting her rip (see pitfall a)

When satisfied, you can follow the directions by smtalk if you are in a hurry or wait until the next log rotation.

thanks for your help. My system is Debian 4.0.
I have make build script and data(webalizer-2.20-01-src.tgz) is latest.But it still is no change.

Back