How to use redis with Joomla

Copra

Verified User
I have the Pro Pack of DirectAdmin installed with Redis and it is working for WordPress websites. Will it also work for Joomla websites?
In the configuration settings of Joomla you can select Redis for caching. When selecting that option, some new fields will apear and some of that fields are already filled in. I wonder what to fill in. It seems to ask for a redis database password (Redis Server Authentication field).
Is it possible to use Redis for a Joomla website?
I attach the Redis settings in Joomla, so you can see what I mean.

Attachments

• redis-joomla.png
    redis-joomla.png
    22.1 KB · Views: 22
Hello,
Thank you very much! I will try this.
At this moment I still have to move the first Joomla website to the new DirectAdmin server. I'll do that next week and let you know if it works. Thank you very much for the tip!

Before enabling it make sure its authenticated properly because if not your website load slow like hell until you configure it correctly or disable it

I tried the settings of zEitEr but
  • Redis Server Port: 0
is not accepted by Joomla. Must be 1 or higher.
Standard Joomla pre-filled 6379
I tried that and then I tried port 1.

There is no difference in website speed (with Redis port 1, Redis port 6379, no Redis), but it is a small website. How can I check if Redis is working for a website?

Directadmin running redis on unix-socket, so it need set the port to 0.

Also the fixed of joomla ( Redis port ). it fixed only for Joomla 4.

Last edited:
yes, it working. but you should determine from your current web performance or compare between enable and disable the Redis feature.

Even they wrote it was fixed in Joomla 4, its there again in Joomla 5. This time fix it in
/domains/domain.xy/public_html/administrator/components/com_config/forms/application.xml
in lines 140 and 895 (cache and session) .. min="1" --> min="0"

Back