i cant add ip to directadmin

TheMask

Verified User
hi

whenever i add ip address to directadmin, ip is not working. I definitely need to add it from network-script via ssh.

How can I see what's going on in the background?

important!!
and adding the ip address from network-script will it cause me a problem in the future?

Having the IP defined in network-scripts won't cause any problems. Do you see any difference in the output of ip a when the IP is added though DirectAdmin vs. when it's added using network-scripts?

Having the IP defined in network-scripts won't cause any problems. Do you see any difference in the output of ip a when the IP is added though DirectAdmin vs. when it's added using network-scripts?
When I add ip from directadmin, there is no change in the ip a command output...
but if I add an ip address that I added with network-script to directadmin, it says this ip address is already added.

When I add ip from directadmin, there is no change in the ip a command output...
but if I add an ip address that I added with network-script to directadmin, it says this ip address is already added.
Didn’t you un-check the checkbox to add the IP to the interface when adding it in DA?

ethernet_dev=eth0
change
ethernet_dev=ens192 (my eth device name)

works now

Back