i want to buy 1 lifetime external license from someone?

knoll

Verified User
to bad the times have past pf :)
i understand directadmin for doing this but for the hobby people with more accounts (for theire own) is it beter to have owned license

r3chn3r

Verified User
I guess that depends. Was very worthwhile to own when we could sell and recoup costs.

It wasn't a sustainable business model to sell lifetime licenses and fraud keeps us from selling the licenses we have.

Premium has a price.

cbarone

I have 3 lifetime licenses thankfully lol. Best purchases I've ever made, worth every penny.

Also have a couple other licenses. If I could go back I'd have more than 3...

r3chn3r

Verified User
I had a cPanel lifetime license too.

Sold it.

Not only cause I could, but because directadmin does all I've ever needed it to do.

Also, cPanel will let their stuff go outdated and allow security issues creep in if you don't continue to pay for the updates.

In this aspect, directadmin is a far superior product.

You'll never find an outdated da panel in the wild without it being a result of someone's direct intentions.

cbarone

On DA you still have to pay for lifetime updates yearly, but it's cheaper than cPanel.

Richard G

Verified User
On DA you still have to pay for lifetime updates yearly, but it's cheaper than cPanel.
That's only for the limited few new lifetime licenses, which they also do not sell anymore. Were available shortly, so you're one of the lucky ones.

The "old" lifetime licenses (from before september 1 2019 if I'm not mistaken or a bit earlier), there is no yearly charge.

cbarone

That's only for the limited few new lifetime licenses, which they also do not sell anymore. Were available shortly, so you're one of the lucky ones.

The "old" lifetime licenses (from before september 1 2019 if I'm not mistaken or a bit earlier), there is no yearly charge.
Yeah I am very lucky just wish I would’ve bought one earlier. Those have gotta be worth their weight in gold.

Although I don’t mind paying some amount annually which goes to support DirectAdmin’s on-going development. Their time is definitely worth something.

Richard G

Verified User
I also personally love the fact that they created a very cheap license for hobbyist, so they can have a panel for multiple (max. 10) domains, which is great.

But we're getting off-topic.

Selling can only be done if somebody sells their account with the license(s) in it. But that's without support of DA so if one gets scammed it's their own risk.