I would like to manage dns in server but dont works

SalvareX

Hi I have a debian 11 + Direct Admin

I can point and manage from cloudflare the dns to the server and it resolves the website and mails fine, that is how I am currently troubleshooting.

But I would like to manage dns in server, and enable lets-encript with wildcard.

For this you normally point the nameservers to the server and the domain to these nameservers. But it's not working for me.

What could it be?

1652831568597.png

1652831591651.png

1652831799611.png

1652831627922.png

1652831489448.png

Your domain is using cloudflare for DNS. You would have to switch your domain DNS entries at your registrar to point to your server.

Currently your are set to:
Name Server: logan.ns.cloudflare.com
Name Server: yolanda.ns.cloudflare.com

Your domain is using cloudflare for DNS. You would have to switch your domain DNS entries at your registrar to point to your server.

Currently your are set to:
Name Server: logan.ns.cloudflare.com
Name Server: yolanda.ns.cloudflare.com

Thank you for your reply.
I have it like this, with cloudflare, because otherwise pointing nameservers directly to the server, does not resolve the domain.

If you read the post carefully you can see that I had it as you indicate. but it doesn't resolve.

use 3rd DNS Management can't use WildCard with Let's Encrypt,

you need to use cloudflare api wildcard. ( it's already in DA gui Evolution Skin).

Yes, your rDNS/PTR record is still wrong.
Your reverse (PTR) record:
139.106.159.51.in-addr.arpa -> 9eac5310-ae0f-4e96-8e68-a58e0b4e01ac.fr-par-2.baremetal.scw.cloud

You have to set it to your hostname for both your ipv4 and your ipv6.

The rest for incoming delivery might be OK now, takes some time for DNS records to sync.

I finally managed to fix it by moving to centos 7 (I have 2 years left until eol).

Debian 11, has a BIG bug in this issue at the installation level, and I don't know how to solve it. It's already a DA issue.

I'm really sorry because I was looking forward to using debian 11 because there are many years of support left, but if the system comes with these details, we can't do fast installs.

1652894939450.png
1652894960997.png
1652894920892.png

In the datacenter installer, I only have a few options available.
In the datacenter installer, only a few options are available to me.

Normally, I did all installations with centos, now I don't know which OS is the most stable and with the best community or support.

As far as I have consulted.
From centos 7 I can pivot to cloudlinux or almalinux.
Anyway, it's a pity Debian seemed fine for this.
1652913727586.png

Seems Alma Linux is not present in the choice. Pity because Cloudlinux is supported if you ever want to use that. I'm not sure if Cloudlinux does support Rocky, probably yes.
Maybe if you ask your datacenter they provide it. Because they also seem to provide Oracle and Rocky.

However Rocky is also a very good choice. One of the original Centos founders works on Rocky and Rocky is just like Alma 1 on 1 compatible with Centos.

I only wonder why Debian gave issues because a lot of users do run debian. But changing nameservers can take up to 24-48 hours before they are seen worldwide, maybe that was the problem before.

From centos 7 I can pivot to cloudlinux or almalinux.
To Cloudlinux yes, but to Almalinux... converting from Centos 7 to Alma or Rocky brings some risks. If you start fresh, it's better not to pivot and to start fresh with either one of them at once.
If migrating from Centos 7 to Alma Linux, I would suggest doing that before DA is installed to prevent issues.

Back