Installation for mod_evasive on CL8 + Direct Admin Server

CAISC

Verified User
Hello,

Can anyone please share the guide for Installation for latest mod_evasive version on CL8 + Direct Admin Server.

For the CloudLinux 8, the package isn't available, moreover, it's not available in the official CentOS 8 repositories as you can see from this page: https://pkgs.org/download/mod_evasive

Thanks in advance.

can anyone share steps of installation and reliable source to download the latest version of mod_evasive.

Try this:
at your own risk, I only found it, I do not advise it.

However, you shouldn't need it. If I'm correct there is already an alternative in place, something with ip something, but I don't remember the name.
Next to that you can also use things like CT_LIMIT and DENY_IP_LIMIT (and temp limit) settings for this in CSF too.

Thanks Richard,

CSF is installed, properly configured and running on server.

Will have a look at the link you provided.
If you recall the mod_evasive alternative in place please do let me know.

You're welcome.
As said, if I'm correct... I could be wrong, but if I remember or find what I've seen then I will surely let you know.

Yes, dropped the idea to install it on DA server as of now.

If Richards recall the mod_evasive alternative name and confirm the name, will give it a try though ;)

No sorry, I've been searching my *ss off to find it. But I think I have been confusing an ip limit option which I've seen but was only present in nGinx. And I don't use nGinx anyway, so good reasone that I forgot it. ;)
I really thought that I've seen smtalk or zeiter saying once that mod_evasive was not necessary anymore due to some other module present, but can't find it anymore. So I might have remembered that wrongly.

However, I do remember this thread here, so if I will encounter it again (if present), I promise you I will let you know what it is/was.

Back