Is SpamBlocker Technology Effective?

nobaloney

NoBaloney Internet Svcs - In Memoriam †
Is the NoBaloney SpamBlocker TechnologyTM effective?

Here are the numbers for one of my servers for the first 30 hours of the new exim logfiles rotated since I installed the latest 3.2.3-RC release candidate:
Code:
64,919  : Total incoming emails handled
 37,980  : Emails blocked because the helo name was not a FQDN
 25,359  : Emails blocked by various local and DNS-based blocklists
  1,580  : Emails delivered

Think about it: 97.5% of incoming emails were rejected.

60% of incoming emails were rejected for invalid helo name before the blocklists were even checked.

Obviously I won't know about false positives for a week or so; I need to give people time to write us (they get a link to our unblocking page if they're blocked), but there's no reason why the numbers should be any higher than they were in the past; it's always been three or less per week.

So, does NoBaloney SpamBlocker Technology[SIZE="1"]TM[/SIZE] work? I'll leave that for you to decide :D.

Jeff

Do you have a step by step for implementing this setup? or is it simpley using yoru exim config file?

Sorry I haven't been following your progress or product here, but these numbers sound good enough to check it out.

Thanks

All the instructions are in the file itself, the must-read-first file, and the Readme.txt file. The complete step-by-step instructions will appear when the RC goes to final.

Actually you're already using an earlier version of SpamBlocker; DirectAdmin has been using an earlier NoBaloney SpamBlockerTM exim.conf file for quite some time now.

And here's another example of how good this new version actually is.

I'm currently running the same release candidate on all of the servers from which I get email. This morning only ten spams got through to my email addresses; seven of those were caught by SpamAssassin and only three ended up in my in-box.

I know this is only anecdotal evidence, and that it won't always be that good, but it was a welcome break and I hope that at least to some extent, it continues.

Jeff

Sounds good, I will give this one a try too, my clients have been wanting something better since there isn't a GUI to train spam and ham settings like they were used too.

Back