Let user find delivered and rejected e-mail for their domain

Kiekeboe100

Verified User
Hi,

Sometimes I get a message from a client that they haven't received an e-mail.
Now, I have to go through the exim log files to search for their domain and find the e-mail that was rejected.

It would be handy if users could find an exigrepped list for their domain somewhere on the control panel.

regards,
Stijn

Hi Stijn.

Would be a nice idea.
I just discovered some mail got into /dev/null by accident. After looking op in the logs, it seems known domains as spamklacht and staatsloterij (both .nl) were rejected by the mailserver.
So I checked and discovered the hostkarma.junkemailfilter.com RBL was blocking them while they were not rejected in any other list.
I removed hostkarma.junkemailfilter.com from exim on all my servers using a exim.strings.conf.custom file.

But I support your request so users can see why some mail they expect to receive might be rejected.

Hello,

Yes, the idea is probably great. How do you want to implement it? How do you see it technically? I guess if we provide more details for this we would have much chances to get it done.

Realtime search in active logs? What about rotated logs? A server might have different settings for rotating (olddir path for example, compress or without compress, dateext or without it and other).

What about slow disks and logs with Gbs of data in it rotated once per week?

How would you suggest to secure data? I mean user can do a search against a key which potentially might show emails of another users?

How would you explain (translate) those numerous lines from logs to a regular user?

Back