Let's Encrypr for mail.domain.com

installations

Hello,

I have installed Let's Encrypt for my domain (domain.com, mail.domain.com and www.domain.com)

The certificate matches for both domain.com and www.domain.com. But I get hostname error for mail.domain.com

"None of the common names in the certificate match the name that was entered ". I have tried creating the subdomain mail.domain, but the issue still does not getting fixed"

Could you please suggest any methods for securing mail.domain.com using Let's Encrypt cert

Lets Encrypt

Hi Team,

Could you please let us know how we can resolve the ssl issue for mail.domain.
There are multiple domains in our account which having issues.

Awaiting your response.

Regards,
Support Team

Hello,

Directadmin does not create a virtual host for mail.domain.com hence if you try to validate the SSL cert via 443 port it will fail with the error. The certificate for the mail subdomain gets added only in SMTP, POP, IMAP if you have mail_sni=1 enabled in DirectAdmin.

p.s. The subject has been discussed here many times. Please search the forums for more details.

Hello,

Directadmin does not create a virtual host for mail.domain.com hence if you try to validate the SSL cert via 443 port it will fail with the error. The certificate for the mail subdomain gets added only in SMTP, POP, IMAP if you have mail_sni=1 enabled in DirectAdmin.

p.s. The subject has been discussed here many times. Please search the forums for more details.

HI Team,

Thank you for the update.

sni and mail_sni is already enabled in the server. However, we are unable to install SSL for mail.domains. Please refer the details below.
~~~~
[root@da057 conf]# less directadmin.conf | grep mail_sni
mail_sni=1
~~~~

Let us know how we can proceed with the installation of SSL certificates for mail.domains.

If anything to be done from end, please let us know.

Regards,
Support Team

Let's Encrypt

Hello,

mail_sni=1 and exim_SNI are already enabled in Direct admin. Till the certificate show errors for mail.domain

Any ideas?

Back