Letsencrypt problem on new domain added to VPS

themadguru

Verified User
Joined
Apr 6, 2013
Messages
101
Location
London
Hi

A couple of days ago, I updated Directadmin to the latest.

Today, I purchased a new domain and set it up as usual with my usual preferred settings. I prefer to use the private_html directory as separate to public_html, so I changed the setting, private_html setup to Use a directory named private_html.

However this setting, this time has no effect. When I load either http://domain.com or https://domain.com, it shows the default index.html file found in public_html. I uploaded a standard Hello World! index.html to private_html but this is not showing in the browser when I use https it's just showing me the default Directadmin landing page sitting in public_html.

Is this a problem introduced since the last DirectAdmin update?

Regards
 

themadguru

Verified User
Joined
Apr 6, 2013
Messages
101
Location
London
The issue with private_html directory has resolved itself. Now I am getting a problem creating an SSL certificate with Letsencypt. I get this error:

Code:
COULD NOT EXECUTE YOUR REQUEST

domain.com was skipped due to unreachable http://domain.com/.well-known/acme-challenge/ file.
www.domain.com was skipped due to unreachable http://www.domain.com/.well-known/acme-challenge/ file.
No domains pointing to this server to generate the certificate for.

So far I updated CURL...

Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
./build update
./build curl

and I also updated Letsencrypt

Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
./build update
./build letsencrypt

Afterwards, I rebooted the server and tried again. Still get the same error. Letsencrypt was working on new domains added to the server prior to the recent DirectAdmin updates.
 

themadguru

Verified User
Joined
Apr 6, 2013
Messages
101
Location
London
Hi MaXi32 and ikkeben

Thanks for your response and advice.

Well, I had left it overnight and returned to the account in DirectAdmin today. I retried the LetsEncrypt install for the domain and it has now worked. Something apparently fixed itself overnight.

(am not using ipv6 on this VPS)

Regards
 
Top