License limits exceeded

eshk12

Hello guys,
I had an old rented server, And i have opened my own new server and created a new direct admin license for that server(Personal plan).
When I have transferred all the data from the old server to the new server, I am getting an error that say

License limits exceeded​

11 of 1 accounts currently exist.
On the old server I had 11 accounts and each account had is own ftp, Is this possible to keep this state(Without update the plan)?

According to the license plan I have understood that I need to move all domains to the main user(admin).
How can I manage to do that?

If I open a new user from the terminal(not for DA use) it will still blocked my access to the system?

On the old server I had 11 accounts and each account had is own ftp, Is this possible to keep this state(Without update the plan)?
No that is not possible, it clearly states it in the personal license: 1 account, 10 domains.
So no, this is not possible to keep. The personal license is not intended for hosting usage but for personal usage and small company's.

Good chance this is not going to work, as 11 accounts normally also have 11 domains and on this license the limit is 10 domains.

Since you already have all those accounts now on the new server, that could be the reason of the block.
If it's just newly installed, and old server existing, then reinstall the server freshly so only admin account is present.

After that, I think best option is to backup all databases, on the new server create all domains necessary. You have to login as admin and choose reseller level from the admin account.
Create all domains. All domains will get their own public_html directory, you can put all stuff in there. You could use rsync for that.
For email accounts you could try imapsync.
And databases you need to backup and restore them all to your admin account on the new server.

So a bit like this.

Unless somebody else has a smarter or better plan.

No that is not possible, it clearly states it in the personal license: 1 account, 10 domains.
So no, this is not possible to keep. The personal license is not intended for hosting usage but for personal usage and small company's.

Good chance this is not going to work, as 11 accounts normally also have 11 domains and on this license the limit is 10 domains.

Since you already have all those accounts now on the new server, that could be the reason of the block.
If it's just newly installed, and old server existing, then reinstall the server freshly so only admin account is present.

After that, I think best option is to backup all databases, on the new server create all domains necessary. You have to login as admin and choose reseller level from the admin account.
Create all domains. All domains will get their own public_html directory, you can put all stuff in there. You could use rsync for that.
For email accounts you could try imapsync.
And databases you need to backup and restore them all to your admin account on the new server.

So a bit like this.

Unless somebody else has a smarter or better plan.
Thank you for your response,
I will delete 1 user that is un used for this to work.

I've saw that guide: https://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=58, is it possible to use that to transfer the domains into one account without format the server?

I will delete 1 user that is un used for this to work.
1 user? If you have 11 accounts its 11 users, then you have to delete 10 users and keep admin.

You could try that, I'm not sure if that would work in your case. You have to transfer your domains to admin then.

I meant domain, any way I have reinstalled the Direct Admin,
on the previous server I could enter the data via the username: ipaddr/~username/,

is it possible to make this with this situation? 1 user with 10 domains?

And i want to know how could i apply the files to the public_html(of each domain), I should do it with ftp access?

is it possible to make this with this situation? 1 user with 10 domains?
Not that I know of. Maybe with some severe customization, but I wouldn't know how. Normally this points to the default domain of an account.

As for the last question I don't quite understand what you mean? If you mean restoring the files, you can either do that with FTP or with rsync. When using rsync, you must remember to check permissions and ownership afterwards.
If you mean something else, please try to explain a bit more what you mean or what you want to achieve.

Anyone who know what was this issue?
Yes, probably you converted from something else, maybe cPanel?
A personal license (not the personal plus) only is allowed to have 1 account which is admin. In Directadmin the admin is also reseller and user at the same time, not a separate account.

So you will have to merge your account to only the admin account or use another license if you have the Personal license.

Back