Licensing Upgrade Just To Be Sure

nonguruguy

Hi community,

I've created Trial license, and as far as I understand:
- a trial is only for Standard
- you CAN upgrade to personal after Trial expires, but you have to be on the limits of 1 account / 10 domains
Am I right?

But here I've found something that confuses me
https://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=2109
They say
Account Limit
The account limit is the total sum of all DirectAdmin accounts on the system. This includes all Users, Resellers and Admin accounts. With the default install, the presence of the 1st Admin account constitutes a total of 1 account on the system. Creating a User below that would then be 2 accounts, etc.

After trial License installation I've got automatically 1 Admin, NO Reseller, and 1 User. Per the above quote I am now not eligible for a PERSONAL license, cos I have 1 Admin, 1 User so in total 2 accounts??? Means, I would NOT be able to upgrade to PERSONAL license later after TRIAL expires, right?

If I am right, then HOW to create 10 domains that are allowed with PERSONAL license, because I do NOT see an option to add domains in ADMIN, only as a USER. I.e. if I delete that 1 User, and leave just 1 Admin, to stay up to the limits for PERSONAL license, but I don't see an option to add domains in Admin UI. Confused,

Please, someone, can you clarify with 1 Admin, NO reseller and 1 USER am I, or I'm not able to upgrade to PERSONAL license?
And if not, then how to add domains just as an Admin, because I don't see an option for that?
Maybe I should disable the USER account so options to add DOMAINS will then show under Admin?

fter trial License installation I've got automatically 1 Admin, NO Reseller, and 1 User.
NO, WRONG! Not -and- 1 user.
On a personal license you only have 1 user which IS admin. So there is only admin, no user. On the admin account you do have an admin section and also a user section (still being admin). So admin is admin, but he's also a user (hence the user level section).

Be aware, a user and a user level are 2 different things. On a normal license you can create users (admin is also has his user level there and is also user himself).

So, how to create your 10 domains? Easy.
You log in as admin. Then in the panel, switch to USER LEVEL, and there in domain management, you can add your 10 domains.

So if you now have a trial license with 1 user, be sure to transfer everything to the admin userlevel before the trial is over, because on a personal level you won't have that user anymore. Admin=admin and Admin=also user.

If possible, delete the user account before upgrading.

I hope this clears it up a bit for you? If not, feel free to ask.

What Actually confuses me are terms ADMIN / RESELLER / USER under ACCESS LEVEL on top of the Web GIU DA interface

But then I check from ADMIN ACCESS LEVEL
the number of Admins is 1
the number of Resellers is 0
the number of Users is 1 and that is admin with 2 domains.

Per that, I can easily think I AM eligible for Personal paid license after trial expires, and I CAN even add 8 more domains, up to 10 domains allow by PERSONAL license?

Here is how it looks like
From ACCESS LEVEL ADMIN menu Account Manager -> List Administrators
I see 1 Admin

Screenshot from 2020-08-17 20-14-25.png

From ACCESS LEVEL ADMIN menu Account Manager -> List Resellers
I see 0 Resellers
Screenshot from 2020-08-17 20-15-09.png

And finally from ACCESS LEVEL ADMIN menu Account Manager -> List Users
I see 1 User ( admin himself ) with 2 domains
Screenshot from 2020-08-17 20-15-29.png

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2020-08-17 20-15-29.png
    Screenshot from 2020-08-17 20-15-29.png
    97 KB · Views: 1
So, Admin can be a User too, just like Resellers.... As long as you add the domains under Admin, you're good.

Back