Lost 30-40 301 redirects I manually entered into DA a few hours before

WholesaleDialup

Verified User
I setup 30 or 40 301 redirects in a DA account where I redesigned my website. I tested them in the browser, they worked etc.

A few hours later I noticed a broken link which should have already been setup as a redirect. I logged into the DA account where I set these up and they are ALL gone..

The organic traffic I get from Google is crucial to my business and income, these 301 redirects are important and it took me a while to enter them all.

Any idea why this happen, if I can get them back without manual re-entry and how to keep this from happening again?

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

I found them in a .htaccess on my computer and added them back to the .htaccess on my server and then they showed up in DA.

I wonder if Wordpress is wiping them out?

I wonder if Wordpress is wiping them out?
I'm not a WordPress expert, but I'd look for a plugin creating some kine of 'pretty' or SEO friendly URLs which may be overwriting your settings.

I've moved the thread; it's a User Level issue.

Jeff

Yeah, I think it was wordpress. I hope it doesn't do it again so I am trying to remember to keep an eye on it over the next few weeks. It's important that I don't lose these because it will just kill my organic Google SEO.

Back