Mail delivery folder

bladetmc

Verified User
I have one client that uses Thunderbird and IMAP, changed his pass and changed that only client.

Still mail is received in:
/Maildir/new

Instead of:
/imap/{domain}/{username}/Maildir/new

All other clients work as intended on the server. Where is the setting for delivering mail?

Using:

DirectAdmin 1.61.3Running
Exim 4.94Running
MariaDB 10.4.13Running
Named 9.9.4Running
sshdRunning
dovecot 2.3.10.1 (a3d0e1171)Running

Changing pass has nothing to do with the directory the mail is received in. That is only defined by the use of imap or pop3.

Did you check the clients settings, like via Teamviewer or something like that? Also verified the same account is not present twice in Thunderbird?

Hi Richard,
The new mail is delivered to /Maildir, when reading mail via IMAP they do not see that mail, since it is not in the dir
/imap/{domain}/{username}/Maildir/new (or cur)

Changing pass has nothing to do with the directory the mail is received in. That is only defined by the use of imap or pop3.

Did you check the clients settings, like via Teamviewer or something like that? Also verified the same account is not present twice in Thunderbird?

I did check remote, only once present in Thunderbird, IMAP like it should be. Second email account works as expected. I can not find any user settings for this email account.

I can not find any user settings for this email account.
For the second working one? Or for the first one?
And where do you mean, in TB or on the server?

It might be worth a try to remove the non working email account and create it newly in TB. Be sure the TB version is up2date.

Are we talking about virtual email accounts or system email accounts? The two get delivered to different places and the login is different.

Solved it: <username>@domain.nl, when the <username> is the same as the systems account, the mails is always delivered in the systems mailbox.
Strange is that it always worked, but after some updates it stopped functioning :)

System accounts are always /home/<username>/Maildir/new
Virtual accounts are always /home/<username>/imap/<domain>/<user>/Maildir/new

Using imap or pop is just how the mail is retrieved and has nothing to do with how or where email is delivered.

Back