Mail doesn't read disk usage correctly

helpme

Hello, today
I've noticed a bounce in exim log

R=virtual_user T=dovecot_lmtp_udp: LMTP error after RCPT TO:<[email protected]>: 552 5.2.2 <[email protected]> Quota exceeded (mailbox for user is full)
Right away i checked the limits set for this mail, quota - 1 GB. Webmail shows 100% of used space, DirectAdmin on the other hand 400 MB of free space.
ncdu /home/<user>/imap/<domain>/<mail>/ = only 600 MB taken
df -h / = 200 GB+ of free space
Code:
doveadm quota get -u [email protected]

Quota name Type      Value   Limit                                                                                                         %
           STORAGE 1029654 1049654                                                                                                        100
           MESSAGE    1055       -
Already tried
Code:
doveadm quota get -u <user>
doveadm force-resync -u <user> <[email protected]>
Honestly I'm out of ideas, so I'm counting on you to help me with this problem.
Thank you in advance!

Hi! I have the same problem detected, but i realiced that happens only when it's inbox full, DA doesn't detect real percent. I discover it because configuration about delete emails from server automatically using POP3 stopped working (using Outlook), so, inbox started to be full and i delete mails manually.
And as Im delete mails, the percent is updated.
I writte about that problem here

I writte about that problem here
That's a totally other problem you have written there.
In that topic you're talking about not being able to delete e-mail. You didn't complaint about not being able to receive mail or any "inbox full" message.
Maybe the users need to setup their Outlook to delete their mails instantly when they are picked up by pop3, or choose a shorter period, or rais their quota's.

Honestly I'm out of ideas, so I'm counting on you to help me with this problem.
I think you might be making a mistake which is made often.
The quota in DA is not seperate e-mail and disk quota. The quota is based on system quota's so it's for files, mail and database.

So if your user for example has 500 MB disk space and he has 300 MB on mail and 210 on files, then quota is full and for this reason also mailbox full messages will be generated.

Please check the accounts quota, not only mail. Probably the account is indeed over quota if you count the complete usage.

I forgot to mention. This user's quota is set to 100 GB, only 20GB taken.

i checked the limits set for this mail, quota - 1 GB.
If that is under the mail settings for that mail address of that user, then we have an odd situation.
Might be a bug. I would suggest sending in a ticket for this.

Back