Mail stored with wrong user group : Backup Hard link error

ssgill

Verified User
Hello since few days, some of the mail is being stored with incorrect user group. Example i have 2 re-sellers mo & ma with one domain each.
So mail in mo is saved as "ma mail" instead of "mo mail". This is not happening to all the email accounts but few of them.

Only changes was done to dovecot config

disable_plaintext_auth = no
changed to
disable_plaintext_auth = yes

Because of this i am getting Hard Link error on the backups. Backup errors can be easily fixed but i would like to fix this incorrect user group error.

Dovecot Verison : 2.2.24 (a82c823)

Centos 7 updated to latest release.

Thanks

Try use this script: /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/fix_da_user.sh

Regards
Thanks for the reply, i was out of station so was not able to followup.

I did tried this but to no avail, i have mail being stored with incorrect usergroup in few accounts.

The command i tired was

./fix_da_user.sh maca mcan domain.com

where
maca is the usergroup ( domain account)
mcan is the user (email user).

Any idea what i should be looking into, have not changed any settings except updating the system. Because of this few of my accounts are not backing up.

Thanks for any help.

Have you tryed to run it without informations? It does tell you how to use it.

Code:
/usr/local/directadmin/scripts/fix_da_user.sh
DirectAdmin data restore (beta)

Usage: /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/fix_da_user.sh <username> <user|reseller|admin> (<domain>)

<username> is required.
<user|reseller|admin> is to specify that this user is a reseller, or an admin.
(<domain>) is an optional 3rd argument to speicfy if there is supposed to be a domain under this account.

Note: the creator in the user.conf will be set to 'admin'. If it should be something else, edit the CREATOR value in this script

Regards

Trying to figure out correct usage. I have reseller account with 4 domain users. I want to fix permissions of one of the user so how i do that

Reseller1
User1
User2
User3
User4

Usage: /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/fix_da_user.sh User4 ...?... user4.com

so whats going to be <user|reseller|admin> field, is going to be reseller or admin that part i am not clear because user4 is not a reseller so that means 'admin' ??

CREATOR is that the main DA account username or Reseller who created user4 account.

Thanks

User: test
Type: user
Domain: domain.tld

Than, if the user has not been created by admin, edit /usr/local/directadmin/data/users/USER/user.conf chaning the creator value from "admin" to the reseller name.

Regards

Back