mailbox is full ?

SajtXL

Verified User
Hi all.
I have problem with "full mailbox" on one user.
The user has configure his mailbox to max usage 30mb.

The mailbox went full,
and I help the user to change their mailbox to "unlimited".
But, the user don't received any more mail,
in the Mail Queue Administration, I can see many of this error:

[email protected] R=virtual_user T=virtual_localdelivery defer (-22):
mailbox is full (MTA-imposed quota exceeded while writing to
tmp/1228681154.H630816P10812.server.domain.com)

I have change the size of mailbox, i have restart exim and dovecot,
but still the same error.....

any idea?

Thank You.

We haven't seen that error (I just walked a client through this yesterday). Check exim.conf to see if exim (the MTA) is imposing any limits.

Jeff

We haven't seen that error (I just walked a client through this yesterday). Check exim.conf to see if exim (the MTA) is imposing any limits.

Jeff

Thank you Jeff...
I don't now whats make that problem, I have to manualy change the quota file in etc/virtuak/omain.com/quota... then it works. ??

Are you writing that the file doesn't change properly as it should when you change the quota in DirectAdmin? If so then you might want to check with DirectAdmin Support.

Jeff

Are you writing that the file doesn't change properly as it should when you change the quota in DirectAdmin? If so then you might want to check with DirectAdmin Support.

Jeff

Jeff, the tips to change the quota file was from DA support :)

/ Gunnar

And when I change a user quota (I did that as recently as this afternoon) the change shows up immediately. Hence my suggeston to contact DirectAdmin Support.

Jeff

This has to do with individual POP3/IMAP account quota's. The master/overall domain may not be over quota but each individual account has a quota. You access this via cpanel's mail accounts page and not whm.

The poster may just be seriously confused. However more likely he's using automatic software to find and post to relevant threads so later when he uses them to spam (for example, by changing his signature) forum admins won't notice.

However, that generally doesn't work here :). Every post, at entry and at modification time, is read for spamminess by a human. It takes a while, sometimes, but it does happen.

Not to metion that the automated spamblocking software on the forum takes care of a good deal of the spam.

Jeff

Back