Message system issue

ProHS

Verified User
I keep finding DirectAdmin's message system is send user there limit notifications witth the wrong user in the subject to the user that is over with two messages in that one message and it also sends it to the admin with the wrong user in the subject. So i was wondering if there is a way to correct this and if this has been a known bug because i never had this issue in tell recently?

Hello,

I have not heard of this issue from anyone else. Double check what email address each user is using in case you've got both users sending to the same email address, or something like that.

For the "wrong" user in the email, check to see what his actual usgae to see if it's accurate or not.

John

DirectAdmin Support said:
Hello,

I have not heard of this issue from anyone else. Double check what email address each user is using in case you've got both users sending to the same email address, or something like that.

For the "wrong" user in the email, check to see what his actual usgae to see if it's accurate or not.

John

I checked all that and all information is correct. Do you think if i gave you my root login you can take a look because i never seen an issue like this in DA either and i wouldn't no what would cause this?

Resolved.

Issue was the /usr/local/directadmin/data/admin/next_ticket.status file had been reset somehow, so DA was sending tickets/messages to pre-existing tickets.

Solution was to check the highest ticket number in:
/usr/local/directadmin/data/tickets/*/*
Then put a higher number in the next_ticket.number file.

John

Back