Modifying ticket system emails?

kark

Verified User
Is it by any chance possible to edit the ticket system messages? I'd like to change the URL where the clients should go (and perhaps the language) ? Tried looking for the answer, but apparently I'm the only one with these kinds of questions. :cool:

Thanks,
Kark

No, that isn't what I mean. :)

When I, or someone else, make a ticket the client will receive a mail from the ticket system that there is a message and that he could see this at
https://domain.ext:2222/CMD_TICKET?action=view&number=000000000&type=ticket

I want to change the domain.ext to my domainname. This is because I have a SSL certificate in place so people won't get that pop-up. But if they receive the mail and click the link with their own domainname, they will get that popup about the certificate not matching the domainname.

You might say I am looking for the template of the mails from the ticket system.

Why not just buy a vaild certification? You know i found when running a invaild certification under https causes a security issue which is you can get the password when logging in with a packet sniffer on the Control Panel or is that just me?

Yeah, you missed the point by a mile I'm afraid.

I _have_ a valid certificate in place, but it only counts for my own domainname. So when people get a mail from the ticket system they can log in via that domainname. It used to be that in the mail from the ticket system they logged in through their own domainname, thus accessing DA with an invalid certificate.

kark said:
Yeah, you missed the point by a mile I'm afraid.

I _have_ a valid certificate in place, but it only counts for my own domainname. So when people get a mail from the ticket system they can log in via that domainname. It used to be that in the mail from the ticket system they logged in through their own domainname, thus accessing DA with an invalid certificate.

Oh i see what your saying now but yea that would be a good feature for John and Mark to add.

So I have good news for you (and me) ... they already have!! :D

Back