Moving a domain from one customer to another.

Bluejet

Verified User
Ok. So here is what I want to do. I have a customer who has several domains and wants to have my other customer with their own account have the domain, website, and email. I need to know how to move the domain from one account to another.

Here is what I have done so far:

1. I created a new account for the second customer.
2. I put in a dummy domain for now, because it wouldn't let me create it without it.
3. I downloaded the domain folder that I need to transfer from the domains folder of customer 1.

Other info:
1. There is no databases, so that is a good thing for a newbie like me.
2. I am hoping once I get the correct domain transferred I can delete the dummy domain.

Any help would be appreciated.

trying this future.

For database, just dumping from Mysql Management Interface then create DB at new User and Importing DB with Mysql Management.

Last edited:
Ok real basic here. I followed the link and it talks about a script. Does the script actually move the domain or enable a feature on direct admin to do so? Do I download the script or just run it via ssh?

So I ssh into the server.

And copy and paste: /usr/local/directadmin/directadmin config-set move_domains_between_users 1
Then hit enter
Then copy and paste: service directadmin restart
Correct?

I know some of you are probably laughing, but this is really really new to me. I do appreciate the help though. I really do.

Yes, I happy to anyone want to learning and trying.

Remember to login as root to execute directadmin script.

OK. I think I got it now, one question though. Will this move the email too? Also, petroprop is not the main domain, so this should leave the rest of the domains as is in the old user account, right?
The domain is petroprop.com so.....

Once in the directory I would type: ./move_domain.sh petroprop.com teamwana petropro

Hit enter.

Then type: service directadmin restart

And finally hit enter.

Last edited:
Thanks everybody worked like a charm. It appeared to move the email too.

Glad to be part of this forum.

Back