Multi domain SSL certificate ?

redesb

Verified User
I'm going crazy looking for information about SSL certificates, I wonder if there is an SSL certificate that can secure multiple domains and subdomains of these and also serve to protect the mail (dovecot and exim) and the FTP server.

Searching the web I found the 'PositiveSSL Multi-Domain' cert offered by Namecheap, which they say is from Comodo, but on the Comodo website no reference to such certificate today (apparently existed in the past), the same in Instant SSL website.

Anyone know if there is such a certificate?
And if exist, how to install it in DirectAdmin?
And to further complicate the question, should run on a server with a single IP address.

Any information or help is welcome.

Regards,
Ramón

PositiveSSL is Comodo's lowest priced line of Certificates. Technically they're as good as any other, though they don't come with all the perks, features, and high warrantees of the $100+ Certificates (nor are they has hard to get verified for, so the ordering process is both quicker and easier).

Did you look on the PositiveSSL site (positivessl.com)? I found it there, for $40 per domain. Note you'll need to install it separately for every site on which you'll want to protect with it.

We sell the same same Positive SSL Certificates. We're a bit cheaper than NameCheap (not much) but we can't issue it as quickly because our automated site for it isn't ready. (We've been selling Comodo PositiveSSL certs for years now, but we're always too busy to automate the site :))

Note that I have no idea if these Certificates will protecte dovecot or exim servers, no matter from where you get them. You should verify that yourself.

I use the regular non-multi-site PositiveSSL Certificate on my machines, and it seems to work with exim and dovecot, but I can't guarantee the multi-site version as I've never tested it. We have a money-back guarantee if it doesn't work.

Jeff

Re : Multi domain SSL certificate ?

Positive multi domain SSL certificate wont work here, as you said you need SSL that secures both multi domain and multiple sub-domains.

Comodo's Positive multi domain
is can secure multiple fully qualified domains.

Comodo Multi-domain SSL certificate can secures (up to 100) multiple fully qualified domains names and unlimited number of sub-domains under these multiple domains.

Back