Multi Server Troubles

jkirker

Verified User
I have 7 machines connected to each other using Multi Server.

6 of the 7 machines are working flawlessly and connecting to each other without issue. But 1 machine is connecting fine to all but 1 of the other machines. This connection was working in the past.

Here's what I get on the machine that is misbehaving: (host3)
Error during connection test

Details
host1.xxx.com (206.xxx.xxx.25) DirectAdmin v1.48.0 connection OK.
host2.xxx.com (206.xxx.xxx.26) DirectAdmin v1.48.0 connection OK.
host4.xxx.com (206.xxx.xxx.27) DirectAdmin v1.48.0 Unauthorized. Check your username and password.
host5.xxx.com (206.xxx.xxx.29) DirectAdmin v1.48.0 connection OK.
host6.xxx.com (206.xxx.xxx.31) DirectAdmin v1.48.0 connection OK.
ns2.xxx.com (199.xxx.xxx.74) DirectAdmin v1.48.0 connection OK.

All the other machines work just fine - and have no connection issues whatsoever: (hosts1,2,4,5,6,ns2)
Tests OK

Details
host1.xxx.com (206.xxx.xxx.25) DirectAdmin v1.48.0 connection OK.
host3.xxx.com (206.xxx.xxx.27) DirectAdmin v1.48.0 connection OK.
host4.xxx.com (206.xxx.xxx.28) DirectAdmin v1.48.0 connection OK.
host5.xxx.com (206.xxx.xxx.29) DirectAdmin v1.48.0 connection OK.
host6.xxx.com (206.xxx.xxx.31) DirectAdmin v1.48.0 connection OK.
ns2.xxx.com (199.xxx.xxx.xxx) DirectAdmin v1.48.0 connection OK.

I have tested shutting down csf/ldf and iptables. host3 able to communicate with host4 via icmp, http, ssh, etc.

Any suggestions??

Thanks in advance,
John

Check if you have a valid DirectAdmin license on the server that is not connecting.

I had a similar issue and it was due to an expired DirectAdmin license.

host4.xxx.com (206.xxx.xxx.27) DirectAdmin v1.48.0 Unauthorized. Check your username and password.

It say unathorized, so or you did set in that host a login key limited to some ip's, or you wrote wrong auth credentials.

Regards

That's the crazy part Andrea is it originally worked. All 5 other machines are able to connect to it using the same credentials. I've even removed and recreated it on this and other machines to test it and they work but this one doesn't. The IP isn't listed in any of the blacklists either. And again, it can't connect with iptables/csf/ldf all stopped either. Totally strange. Are there any logs I could look at that might give me some hints?

Have you tryed to telnet remotely to port 2222?

If that work, have you tryed to set a new login key just for it? In Login key there is no a list of allowed IP? Are you sure you set 0 as limit for the login key?

Are you actually using login keys or what?

Regards

I'm able to telnet to the port 2222 from the machine that cannot connect with no issues.

I've recreated the keys but it hasn't had an impact.

All the IP's are properly specified. 0 limit is set and there is no expiration date.

And an hour later after running through a bunch of things and reinstalling da I've now got it working but haven't isolated what the issue was.

Things happen. ;)

Have you tryed to set the remote DA in debug mode and try the multiserver connection to him?

At least to check if the connection arrive and what user/pass is provided?

Regards

I tried that - there was nothing odd in the logs. It's all working now. Don't know why or how - but after a rebuild all it's good.

Back