MySQL and proftp drops every x minutes en gets up again

nostech

Verified User
Hello,

I've just done a new installation on a new VPS, and all is up and running, but while visiting the hosted websites, I notice that the mysql database drops every x minutes and becomes inaccessible. And after a few seconds it gets back. The same goes for proftpd (when using via ftp).
In DA 'Service Monitor' I see that the services are stopped and then started automatically again. I also get a mail from DA every hour saying the service isn't running (while often when I check it via SSH to get the service status I see it's still up). So I'm starting to guess that DA thinks that the service isn't running and therefor tries to restart it.
Is there a way to disable the service monitoring in DA, so I can test if my guess is right?

Thanks.

May you contact support [@] directadmin . com? Please send the messages you got in message system and the output of:
Code:
uname -a
/usr/local/directadmin/directadmin o

Your license might not be set for CentOS 7.

Unfortunately DirectAdmin doesn't allow (yet) to set the license to CentOS 7 (since it's not officially supported yet). So no it is not set to CentOS 7...

Last edited:
It allows doing that, codename "Sanyo 1200". You should use CentOS 7 license on CentOS7 servers, CentOS6 license would have some problems like you currently experience.

It allows doing that, codename "Sanyo 1200". You should use CentOS 7 license on CentOS7 servers, CentOS6 license would have some problems like you currently experience.

Thanks for the info. I changed the license info to "Sanyo 1200". Do I have to do something extra to update my license file on the server, hit Admin > Licensing / Updates > "Update License" in DA for example? Or this the server automatically detects the change?

I would recommend running at least "./build all d" in CustomBuild script. Also, you must be running MySQL instead of MariaDB, if you had CentOS6 license. If you don't have important data on the server, I'd recommend doing DA reinstallation.

Thank you for the suggestion, but some issues remain after "./build all d". I will just go for the reinstall...

Do you have CSF/LFD installed? That might be LFD which kills process and Directadmin that starts it again.

Back