Namebased domain preview URL?

While I'm at it, what version of MySQL does DirectAdmin install/use? Will DirectAdmin include upgrades of common software as needed or how will that work?

Also, on your order form, can you please explain: "Default Name to Appear in Licenses"? What exactly is going to appear and where?

Also, on your order form, can you please explain: "Default Name to Appear in Licenses"? What exactly is going to appear and where?

I had the same question when I was filling out mine.

The way Mark explained it to me (if I remember correctly) is this is the name that will appear in the admin/licensing section only. You can either use your name or your company name.

I put my hosting company name there.

If I'm wrong, I'm sure Mark will correct me. :)

Last edited:
I just need to know if that is going to be displayed to our resellers and their users, etc. That makes a lot of difference as to what I decide to put.

If memory serves me right, Mark said this is only visable to the admins or in the admin panel only. I would double check with him for you but he just stepped out for about an hour so he's not on IM.

Lots of questions here.. I'll try to get them all.

Namebased domains can be viewed before they resolve at http://<server>/~username, where username is the control panel login name.

DirectAdmin uses MySQL 4.0.12. Right now we are leaving services upgrades to the customer, but you have to remember that manually updating to versions that haven't been tested with DA probably isn't a good idea if you have customers on that server.

The Default Name to Appear in Licenses is the name that goes in your license file. E.g. "This license belongs to Gary." *Only* admins can see this name through the control panel. Your customers do not have access to your license file.

Mark

Thanks for the answers. I haven't gotten our spare server up or I could check myself, but when you performan an install do you compile everything from scratch or use a bunch of RPMs? I guess I would prefer if they were compiled that way they could easily be re-compiled and upgraded as needed (ie: PHP).

Hello,

Php and majordomo are the only thing compiled on the server. Apache-fp and the rest of the services come as rpms. If you want to recompile any of them to suit your needs you are more than free to do so. DirectAdmin doesn't rely on them to function. But as Mark has said earlier, do so at your own risk.

John

Back