nameserver set up not working

wisnu

Verified User
Hello, Can anyone help me? I have a client with extra IP.

All went smoothly until he was making nameservers and ping the result instead of displaying IP server. not showing IP from the nameserver he made.

I've checked and appropriate.

but the result still same

Code:
PING xxxx.xx (xxx.xx.xxx.46) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from ns1.xxx.xxx (xxx.xx.xxx.46): icmp_seq=1 ttl=49 time=117 ms
showing ip and ns from server, not showing he own ip and ns.

role as reseller

Active8

Verified User
Send some details about the site name so we can check and maybe you have to wait till the DNS data is propagate through internet (can take more then 24 hours)

iosman987

Hello, Can anyone help me? I have a client with extra IP.

All went smoothly until he was making nameservers and ping the result instead of displaying IP server. not showing IP from the nameserver he made.

I've checked and appropriate.

but the result still same

Code:
PING xxxx.xx (xxx.xx.xxx.46) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from ns1.xxx.xxx (xxx.xx.xxx.46): icmp_seq=1 ttl=49 time=117 ms
showing ip and ns from server, not showing he own ip and ns.

role as reseller

It seems to be the exact same problem I'm having. I tried again to remove the DNS entry I listed in the table on my previous post and oddly enough I didn't get an error this time, the DNS entry was removed. I was then able to start .named service successfully.

Whilst the .named service is now running without any DNS record - I'm sure there should be a DNS record in there.. Thanks

iosman987

It seems to be the exact same problem I'm having. I tried again to remove the DNS entry I listed in the table on my previous post and oddly enough I didn't get an error this time, the DNS entry was removed. I was then able to start .named service successfully.

Whilst the .named service is now running without any DNS record - I'm sure there should be a DNS record in there.. Thanks
thanks my issue has been fixed.