new account emails not being sent correctly after 1.235 upgrade

hostpc.com

Verified User
The multiple email function in the 1.235 upgrade doesn't seem to be working correctly, only the first person in the list is getting a copy...

Anyone else experiencing this?

We have servers running both FreeBSD and Linux and were upgraded to DA Version 1.235.
I tested both servers by setting up new accounts and here are the results.

FreeBSD 4.9:
[1] The customer received the welcome e-mail fine.
[2] The admin received a copy just fine.

CentOS 3.3:
[1] The customer did not receive any welcome e-mail.
[2] The server admin received a copy just fine.

John - Hostanet

FreeBSD 5.3

Admin receives copy
User receives copy

Tested with resend mail option

I experienced not only emails but server down! All domains is now unaccessible after I upgrade to version 1.235.

I check with datacenter but they said datacenter is fine. So I check with my other friends who're using directadmin and they experience the same issue ie server down! Other CPs is just fine.

Please assit me on how to solve the issue. Do I need to reboot the server physically? I can't even SSH it right now as the server is down.

Please help. My clients are complaining to me right now.

Hello,

The following command was run for the update (in the update.sh file):
Code:
perl -pi -e 's/trusted_users = mail:majordomo:apache$/trusted_users = mail:majordomo:apache:diradmin/' /etc/exim.conf
It basically changes the trusted users list. Not sure if that's causing your email problems or not. If you'd like me to take a look, send us your IP, root pass, and admin login/pass for DA. ([email protected])

John

Try to email directadmin technical support as according to DA (from my other forum threads), no one email them regarding this issue yet so let them know about it. Mine is already fixed by my administrator by physically reboot the server and diagnost it offline.

Regards

Hello,

Anyone who see's an "Unrouteable Address" error in their /var/log/exim/mainlog (relating to the email error), just update your exim.conf and exim.pl.

The important fix is in the exim.pl file:

if (uid_exempt($uid)) { return; }

becomes

if (uid_exempt($uid)) { return "yes"; }

This problem emerged in 1.23.5 because the welcome emails are being sent as "diradmin" now, which is an "exempt" user.

http://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=51

John

We are still getting the errors after updating using the link above.

Actually it's all mail sent from diradmin@...

So that includes the ticket system emails too.

Any ideas?

Rob

Rob,

I've been busy putting the "directadmin" alias into the file at /etc/virtual/<hostname>/aliases

You may need to create a file there, as DA doesn't do it by default (we do for all our server installations).

the /etc/virtual/<hostname> directory should be:

chmod 711, chown mail:mail

and the /etc/virtual/<hostname>/aliases file should be:

chmod 600, chown mail:mail

and the contents should be simply:
Code:
directadmin: [email][email protected][/email]
Jeff

DirectAdmin Support said:
The important fix is in the exim.pl file:

if (uid_exempt($uid)) { return; }

becomes

if (uid_exempt($uid)) { return "yes"; }

This problem emerged in 1.23.5 because the welcome emails are being sent as "diradmin" now, which is an "exempt" user.
John,

After I made this fix for one new client with a new server he still had the problem.

I installed my original exim.conf spamblocker file (1.2), the one I still use on my personal server, and everything works again.

(See my message to Rob @ matrixx about adding the aliases file; mine has a few extra lines in it.)

But my file doesn't have the "stuff" needed for user-level SpamAssassin, so I need to update SpamBlocker to 1.3.

I will do it but I may need to touch base with you first as to what your lines do, because trying to add your lines to my file (in the right places) created a file that didn't work :( .

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Sure, send an email, we'll get this sorted out. FYI, "directadmin" isn't a user on the server, it's "diradmin".

John

Back