new domain user not able to mail to itself

RoRoo

Verified User
Hi,

created a new domain
created several popaccounts

when a user tries to email certain users in bcc and add it's own e-mail address in the to field the exim mailserver bounces it:
2006-07-07 12:24:13 H=(pcname) [62.59.36.x] F=<[email protected]> rejected RCPT <[email protected]>: to unblock see http://www.example.com/

other users they can mail to perfectly

i've added their IP address to the allow list but this doesn't help.

please assist,.

sounds like an SMTP problem?
is he using authenticated SMTP access? You need to give in your username and password to use the supplied SMTP address. On default, the smtp server is used without a password and login, since ISP's usually allow access to anyone using the connection.

He's using popb4smtp
and is authenticating using his pop3 settings

and sending e-mail to others works perfectly.

oh sorry, I read others could mail to the user.

Can others mail to the user? :p

Desdinova said:
oh sorry, I read others could mail to the user.

Can others mail to the user? :p

LOL...
yes
everything else seems to be working just fine.. that's what's bugging me.

ok. what happens when the user sends mail to himself through a different account? say with his ISP's SMTP?

Desdinova said:
ok. what happens when the user sends mail to himself through a different account? say with his ISP's SMTP?

That works like a charm.

I've let him change all his smtp settings to his ISP's so he can work again..

Client is: Outlook 2003
Could this be causing it?
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=872896
just a microsoft bug wich is causing the Exim service to treat it differently?

I wonder..

if you have 2 popboxes on the same account, can 1 mail to the other?

and if it's a software bug, you should be able to send mail through his smtp-server with his logininfo to his mailbox. if that's not working, it's the combination of smtp-login + recipient address (unless you have exactly the same softwarebug ofcourse :p )

maybe it's somewhere in the relay.. since the smtp and popserver are the same.. it's not 'bouncing' it somewhere else, but keeping it internally for delivery. I don't know the right terms for these functions.

Desdinova said:
I wonder..

if you have 2 popboxes on the same account, can 1 mail to the other?
Yes. That's possible.
Desdinova said:
and if it's a software bug, you should be able to send mail through his smtp-server with his logininfo to his mailbox. if that's not working, it's the combination of smtp-login + recipient address (unless you have exactly the same softwarebug ofcourse :p )
Yeah, I've tested this and this works. Strangely enough.
Desdinova said:
maybe it's somewhere in the relay.. since the smtp and popserver are the same.. it's not 'bouncing' it somewhere else, but keeping it internally for delivery. I don't know the right terms for these functions. [/B]
Somehow I'm glad that it wasn't just a checkbox I've missed. But it's not a good thing :)

Back