New to Direct Admin

coppereye

So I'm new to Direct Admin - I have been running sites for a few years but am used to using CPANEL and for the last two years I have been operating as a reseller so I have used WHM to create the packages. I have now purchased a number of "cloud boxes" from a company caller Versio - I've bought 4 boxes which are combined into one VPS.

I'm having a bit of a senior moment. Apparently I can create my own virtual machines and install Linux, CPANEL and WHM nut this seems to be at odds to Direct Admin which has its own way of creating "packages" Whilst I had reseller hosting I actually was the admin for all the sites and users.

I have a couple of sites I use for my photography and photo restoration business and a client who has 4 clients 2 of which are eCommerce. I use Wordpress with the Avada theme and Woocommerce for the sales side. I'm looking to create three packages / virtual machines

Development / amendment - using 1/5 of the environment
Personal - my sites (images mainly) - using 1/5 of the environment
Client Area - my clients sites using 3/5 of the environment

Am I better creating Virtual Machines or using Direct Admin to create the 3 packages. Versio only seem to offer Direct Admineven though I can install it and I have paid for the install and for basic support.

I'm not looking for a you must do it this way (unless there is a best way) but pros and cons - I'm leaning to Direct Access but I need to have a good read up first

Thanks in advance

Paul

Am I better creating Virtual Machines or using Direct Admin to create the 3 packages. Versio only seem to offer Direct Admineven though I can install it and I have paid for the install and for basic support.

I'm not looking for a you must do it this way (unless there is a best way) but pros and cons - I'm leaning to Direct Access but I need to have a good read up first

Paul

Hi Paul,

I assume you ordered your vps at the Dutch versio company? In their case a Cloudbox is a set of specs that you have for the vps. And as an option they offer you to devide those specs over multiple vps systems.

A benefit of putting all Cloudboxes in one is a more powerful vps where resources are shared among all your sites/customers. Different user accounts can then be used to handle them separately by Directadmin.

Deviding the Cloudboxes in multiple virtual servers has a benefit that if one failed you still have others online. Also you can customize them for the website that your running for possible better performance. But don't forget you will have to manage multiple servers and that will take more time then just one.

If you have further questions you can also send me an email (in Dutch if preferred).

Regards,
Niels

Back