No Bugs

Twintone

Verified User
I just wanted to update on our machine that is running the FreeBSD beta CP. I have a friend I am letting use it, and he has aprox 20 domains on it now. He has not reported one bug, and says everything is running great. I have jumped on the machine a few times to attempt to break something, and I just can't!!

Obviously this is good.. and I just wanted to post something.. ;)

Wow! :D

That's good news. How are the service boot scripts? Like restarting apache and exim and whatnot? ... and what about adding IP's? was there any manual hacking required to get the working after a reboot?

Those are basically the only things that I was worried about as they're a bit different from Linux.

If you have, or have not any bugs, it's good to let us know so we know where we're at.

Yes, DA has the invulnerability mode feature in the FreeBSD version, so you can physically do whatever you want to the case and it *will not break*. It involves running extra current through the wires, which creates a force field that will make the box invincible!. You can acccess the feature through Admin Panel -> GodLike Options -> Armory -> Force Field -> check the box -> click save.

Thanks!

John

DirectAdmin Support said:
Yes, DA has the invulnerability mode feature in the FreeBSD version, so you can physically do whatever you want to the case and it *will not break*. It involves running extra current through the wires, which creates a force field that will make the box invincible!. You can acccess the feature through Admin Panel -> GodLike Options -> Armory -> Force Field -> check the box -> click save.

That feature doesn't work for me. I'm using FreeBSD 4.8, and when I go to enable that all that happens is I get a mild electric shock. I'm using a Realpower 500watt power supply, could this be the issue?

I would, but there's an incompatibility between that version, and my coffee maker. I actually tried the upgrade...I don't have to tell you what happened next!

I've seen that in the MS version of coffemaker (v1.3.5.7) - upgrade to coffe-matic 9.0 and the problem is solved (but be sure you're using the toaster on 'one-side only' - using the 'both side' feature is kinda unstable.

Glad I could help out with your appliance v4.3.2.1 ... if you have any more questions, I'll be happy to help if I can :)

Let's not even get into the problems with MS CoffeeMaker! I still have the burn marks from when I tried brewing a nice cup of Sun Java. I'm currently using OpenCoffee 1.7. Works pretty good once you get it going. It's all command-line, was working on a writing a frontend but I figure why do that, when it's a planned upgrade in DirectAdmin?

The services will not start, stop or restart (except Direct Admin) on any of the installations I have tried so far. Adding IP addresses seems to work just fine.

Edited: The latest release seems to have fixed these problems.

Last edited:
Back