Solved OpenLiteSpeed 1.7.16 + mod security 3.0.8

BillyS

Verified User
There is this issue with the OWASP ruleset:

It appears OpenLiteSpeed 1.7.16 now includes mod security 3.0.8. I already have OpenLiteSpeed installed. Is there a way to reinstall it without breaking customized settings like headers?

Hello,

What are "customized settings like headers"? Have you modified OLS templates? Or what?

@zEitEr these would be configuration changes in openlitespeed.conf - which adjust security headers. They are unaffected during normal openlitespeed version upgrades.

why's not try using this docs to config security header
Hi @jamgames2 Thanks, but that's not my question. I've already done that and want to save the configuration. My question is really simple. If I do this:

cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/
./build openlitespeed
./build rewrite_confs

And I already have the most recent version of openlitespeed (1.7.16 - since May 2022) EXCEPT for mod security 3.0.8 (which was recently added to the build of 1.7.16 in October 2022) will it rebuild and keep all the settings in openlitespeed.conf?

I don't know what's you talking about "openlitespeed.conf"
could you provide full path of this filename ?

why do you thinks, it will rewrite your setting ?
if you configuration with custom template file, It will use from template. it not write/delete/modify that custom file.

even Directadmin update new template, it not modify your "/custom/" all files inside this folder, you must manual write new/update by yourself.

There are files /usr/local/directadmin/data/users/*/openlitespeed.conf, and they will be for sure overwritten by running the mentioned command:

Code:
./build rewrite_confs

here are files /usr/local/directadmin/data/users/*/openlitespeed.conf, and they will be for sure overwritten by running the mentioned command:
I ran the command, they were not overwritten.

And time of their modification did not change at all?

I guess you mean, the files did not loose your custom code? This is expected if you worked on customization in templates.

Back