Outlook configuration delete emails from the server automatically stopped working

Gris Olivares

The Outlook configuration delete emails from the server automatically stopped working, and now I need to delete manually (directly in Roundcube) emails.
It was working ok, it wasn't changed any configuration, it just happend.

I tried changing ports, days configuration, reconfiguring, using different Outlook versions, and nothing.

Email works fine.
¿Do you know what can I do?

I'm sorry, I don't really understand the question. Are you an admin?

Do you mean that your Outlook is not deleting mails from the server anymore?

I'm sorry, I don't really understand the question. Are you an admin?

Do you mean that your Outlook is not deleting mails from the server anymore?
Hi
Yes, I'm admin and I use POP3 configuration for all my clients, but one of them presents this error and I don't know what to do.
I explain it: Configuration in Outlook for all his mail accounts was working fine, and, suddenly, Outlook is not deleting emails anymore, in any email account.
I realiced because inbox was full and, ovbiously, it wasn't possible receive more mails... so, I deleted manually (directly in Roundcube) emails, but it isn't a real solution, I need automate it.
I tried reconfiguring Outlook ports, days, using different Outlook versions, and nothing.
I don't know if there is a solution directly in Direct Admin, I'm asking for it, please.

Outlook is not deleting emails anymore, in any email account.
Sounds like he configured imap instead of pop3.
If it's only 1 user, then it's a user local problem, most likely not a DA problem as the server works the same for all users. And if you can delete it via webmail, it must be a mail client issue.

Did you install the Outlook account for this user yourself of via Teamviewer?
Are you 200% sure the user did not configure imap or have Outlook install it automatically (which also configures imap)?

Maybe you can try Thunderbird, doublecheck for pop3 and see if that has the same issue.

Sounds like he configured imap instead of pop3.
If it's only 1 user, then it's a user local problem, most likely not a DA problem as the server works the same for all users. And if you can delete it via webmail, it must be a mail client issue.

Did you install the Outlook account for this user yourself of via Teamviewer?
Are you 200% sure the user did not configure imap or have Outlook install it automatically (which also configures imap)?

Maybe you can try Thunderbird, doublecheck for pop3 and see if that has the same issue.
It happend for all email users, and i'm secure it's POP3 configuration for all of them, even different Outlook version.
Thank you Richard.

Oh sorry, I thought for all accounts of that user, but it's for all e-mail users. In that case it could be either DA or outlook related.
Never seen something like this before.

So I presume you use e-mail on that server too and it happens to you too, correct?
Can you find anything in the Exim logs about errors, or rejectlog or paniclogs, any log which gives some odd error notice or something?

You might need to send in a ticket for this.
However it might still be wise to test if Thunderbird is having the same issue, just to exclude it's not some odd Microsoft thing.

I've read your answer here:

You didn't say anything about inbox being full. If this is the case, then check my answer in that thread about quota's.

I've read your answer here:

You didn't say anything about inbox being full. If this is the case, then check my answer in that thread about quota's.
Hi Richard, as you said, it's not the same topic. I explain about it: my topic it's about that the Outlook configuration delete emails from the server automatically stopped working in all emails account configured (a same domain).

Emails accounts was configured in different Outlook versions, so I think it's not an Outlook problem.

I realiced about this problem because inbox was full in two email accounts (so, the email accounts with full inbox, doen's received any email, i know it's normal), and when i was cheking capabilities (% usage) i realice the same problem that describes here: % usage was not the same in DA and in webmail. And as Im delete mails, the percent is updated in Roundcube.
That's wy I mentioned it ;)

Now, I am searching a solution about a configuration that was working fine (delete emails from the server automatically) and suddely stop working in every email accounts, with different Outlook versions, same domain.

I'm secure it's POP3 configuration and I'm secure it was working fine.

Thank you.

As said, you might need to send in a support ticket for this as I never seen it happen that e-mails could not be deleted.
Normally if mail is picked up with pop3, then these mails are automatically deleted from the server (unless configured otherwise in the client).
So if this is also happening with mailboxes from users which user -account- is not over quota, then I don't know.

Which is why I said you might need to send in a ticket for this.

However, just to be sure, it is wise if it can also be tested by temporarily install Thunderbird. That is not a lot of work to test.
Als I asked about any of the logs, have you looked at them?
Are all accounts with the correct permissions still?

You sure you did not checked the checkfield in settings in outlook "do not delete mails from server" somwhere in pop3 settings?

Back