[PAID] looking for admin to secure and optimize my server

SirMarcel

I'm looking for someone to get my server secured, optimized and some additional features installed.
It's running CentOS and the latest DirectAdmin, I already applied EasyLinuxSecurity (http://www.servermonkeys.com/els.php) and there's CSF installed, but I'm assuming it's nowhere "safe" realistically speaking. It's currently running php_ruid2. It's used as shared hosting environment using Php5 and MySql.

I need someone to perform security audit, and then make a proposal of what need to be changed. Also I hope the person will be able to optimize the server for shared hosting environment - both speed and resource wise.

Ideally I would like some caching engine installed (Varnish? or maybe Nginx) as proxy for images to lower the load, speed up serving pages.

Currently the server is serving only one website and memory usage shows 1.3G memory taken with only few people online. It's not a beast (dualcore, 2GB, raid1) so I'm assuming it has to be nicely tweaked to handle more sites.

Also, I would like to have two additional nameservers configured to work with this server (I have two different VPSs for that) and some sort of monitoring solution (i.e. Cacti). I also hope the person will be able to prepare at least basic documentation on how the system is configured for future reference.

I don't have a huge budget for it, could probably spend something between $60-$100 depending on the experience and the amount of work done. Also, I will be expecting no downtime during the process (excluding reboots when needed). Payment by PayPal with my verified account.

If you have any questions, would like to recommend me someone, feel free to comment. If you want to point me towards tutorials, etc. - please don't. I'm looking for someone experienced and don't want to do it myself.

Currently the server is serving only one website and memory usage shows 1.3G memory taken with only few people online. It's not a beast (dualcore, 2GB, raid1) so I'm assuming it has to be nicely tweaked to handle more sites.
Not necessarily. Someone posted a link a few days ago to a website which explained why it appears linux or FreeBSD is using most of your memory.

The bottom line is that your memory is being used by a cache system but is released instantly when used.

Here's a fairly good article (though it's desktop based) which explains it well.

http://thelinuxnewbie.blogspot.com/2006/08/linux-uses-too-much-memory-very-basic.html

Jeff

thanks Jeff, already figured that part out. but still looking for a pro to have a look on it and do some magic.

btw: I've emailed you earlier today about m2s installation, maybe you'd be kind enough to take this job too?

thanks

using this to clear the cache:
Code:
sync; echo 3 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches
but an hour later it's coming up to 500-600MB

I wonder why, the traffic is minimal

That appears to be specific to your VM system; I'm not sure what it does and why. But linux reserves cache memory in advance of need; that's because it's quicker to use pre-allocated cache than to set up memory allocation. Reserved cache memory, whether it's been used or not, is immediately available for any service which requires it; it's not a bad thing; it's a good thing.

Jeff

Back