Personal Licence problem

ayberk

Verified User
Hello,

I am using the Personal License. But I forgot that there is a "1 Account" limit. Now, I cannot use the panel because of my "akilli" account which is my backup and the "admin" account that came with the installation of Directadmin.

How can I combine the "akilli" account with "admin" without harming the site?

Thank you

Attachments

• dadmin.jpg
    dadmin.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 13
That's something i not understand why personal license can't add new account, admin should be used for admin task not for host website.

That's something i not understand why personal license can't add new account, admin should be used for admin task not for host website.

I purchased Personal Account and installed Directadmin on the new server. Then I transferred my backup on the old server. But since the backup there is named "akilli", I am now over the Account limit and cannot do anything on the panel.

Attachments

• dadmin2.jpg
    dadmin2.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 2
If i remember correctly, you need to rename akilli.tar.gz to admin.tar.gz then put admin.tar.gz into /home/admin/backups login as admin then restore via Site Backup/Restore.

I not test it but i think should be work.

admin should be used for admin task not for host website.
Where did you get that idea? Why should admin not have a website of his own. Lots of people use that account for the website with order pages. It's no problem at all. You're admin and reseller and user. Just like a reseller is reseller (kind of sub-admin) and also user. There is no "should not be used for".

However, renaming the backup file should indeed do the trick, but it might be admin.admin.akilli.tar.gz but I'm not 100 % sure, could also be root.admin.admin.tar.gz since the main admin must be overwritten. Try at own risk. ;)

Hello,

I did not take this risk. Because we are a site that receives a lot of visits and I am not a professional.

Our SSL certificate expires on February 24. And since we can't do anything on the panel, I can't change the SSL code. How can I add new SSL code manually?

if you already have 2 accounts - just use: /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/move_domain.sh

if you already have 2 accounts - just use: /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/move_domain.sh

Hello,

Thank you for the help.

We want to remove the "akilli" account without damaging the site. Is that what you suggest for this?

Attachments

• da.jpg
    da.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 6
this script moves domain totally to another account (files/emails/ftp/dns etc.) but you still must move database manually and replace credentials in website engine config. Only then you can remove account totally

Back