Personal Licence problem

ayberk

Verified User
Hello,

I am using the Personal License. But I forgot that there is a "1 Account" limit. Now, I cannot use the panel because of my "akilli" account which is my backup and the "admin" account that came with the installation of Directadmin.

How can I combine the "akilli" account with "admin" without harming the site?

Thank you

Attachments

Kurogane

Verified User
That's something i not understand why personal license can't add new account, admin should be used for admin task not for host website.

ayberk

Verified User
That's something i not understand why personal license can't add new account, admin should be used for admin task not for host website.
I purchased Personal Account and installed Directadmin on the new server. Then I transferred my backup on the old server. But since the backup there is named "akilli", I am now over the Account limit and cannot do anything on the panel.

Attachments

Kurogane

Verified User
If i remember correctly, you need to rename akilli.tar.gz to admin.tar.gz then put admin.tar.gz into /home/admin/backups login as admin then restore via Site Backup/Restore.

I not test it but i think should be work.

Richard G

Verified User
admin should be used for admin task not for host website.
Where did you get that idea? Why should admin not have a website of his own. Lots of people use that account for the website with order pages. It's no problem at all. You're admin and reseller and user. Just like a reseller is reseller (kind of sub-admin) and also user. There is no "should not be used for".

However, renaming the backup file should indeed do the trick, but it might be admin.admin.akilli.tar.gz but I'm not 100 % sure, could also be root.admin.admin.tar.gz since the main admin must be overwritten. Try at own risk. ;)

ayberk

Verified User
Hello,

I did not take this risk. Because we are a site that receives a lot of visits and I am not a professional.

Our SSL certificate expires on February 24. And since we can't do anything on the panel, I can't change the SSL code. How can I add new SSL code manually?

Zhenyapan

Verified User
if you already have 2 accounts - just use: /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/move_domain.sh

ayberk

Verified User
if you already have 2 accounts - just use: /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/move_domain.sh
Hello,

Thank you for the help.

We want to remove the "akilli" account without damaging the site. Is that what you suggest for this?

Attachments

Zhenyapan

Verified User
this script moves domain totally to another account (files/emails/ftp/dns etc.) but you still must move database manually and replace credentials in website engine config. Only then you can remove account totally