Php 7.0.20

DirectAdmin Support

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,

Php 7.0.20 was briefly in the versions.txt, but we've had to downgrade it back to 7.0.19.
We're not yet sure, but it could be an introduced bug.

We rely on the 50-webapps.ini file to overload the session.save_path and disable functions for just [PATH=/var/www/html].
However, with 7.0.20, this overloading applies to *all* settings on the server, all Users, and even for php -i calls in ssh.

Downgrading to 7.0.19 brings us back to having the [PATH=/var/www/html] correctly affect only that area.

John

I can confirm problems when I upgraded a server wich was running WHMCS, after upgrade to PHP 7.0.20 I was no longer able to log into WHMCS admin area. I did not investigate further, but downgraded and that solved the propblem.

Last edited:
We see customers running the 7.1 branch to massively switch to 5.6.30 or 7.0.* since the 7.1.5 update because of backends not working anymore. Frontends do work tho. So we dropped 7.1 almost everywhere.

My previous answer was wrong, 7.0.20 may have the problem, but 7.1.6 has it too, so a better solution should be sought after if possible

Last edited:
I've reverted php 7.1.6 back down to 7.1.5 until more info can be found on what changed in the newer php versions, causing the [PATH] flags to be ignored, and the settings for the path to be incorrectly used as a global setting, instead of a per-path setting.

John

I can now confirm as well, 7.1.6 is also not working correctly. I installed it yesterday and checked every website (WordPress, Laravel etc) and everything looked ok. This morning I saw that the cronjobs (backend Laravel) did not run. Reverted back to 7.1.5 and now everything is working again. Were there any security issues related to this issue or is it just an harmless bug?

Just want to note that 7.0.20 is also causing major issues with the CloudLinux CageFS and LVE plugins.

Downgraded today from 7.1.6 to 7.1.5 and my /tmp problem is fixed!

Bit strange PHP is rolling out this update with major bugs and still stimulates to update on php.net.

Last edited:
Martynas has managed to track down a patch that claims to have fixed it:
https://github.com/php/php-src/pull...f39cc8f30bbd5675a0c4880a18b63b00?diff=unified

I've patched both 7.0.20 and 7.1.6, but have not yet pushed them into the versions.
If anyone wants to try the patched versions, they're here:
http://files1.directadmin.com/services/custombuild/php-7.0.20.tar.gz md5 39cb0e6cc7f70cfa7f740fa569327452
http://files1.directadmin.com/services/custombuild/php-7.1.6.tar.gz md5 7020174a8a52d9659884284c24ba1a5e

double check the md5sum, to make sure you don't have the old one.
I'm really hoping they push 7.0.21 and 7.1.7 soon, so we don't need to provide the patched version :)

John

I have now upgraded to PHP 7.0.20 and can confirm the patch is working correct.

I don't think they will release the new versions before the normal dates. PHP releases new versions one time every month on thursdays. I expect the new versions to be released on thursday 6 of july. :)

Back