PHP 8.2.5, 8.1.18

Erulezz

Verified User
13 Apr 2023

PHP 8.2.5 Released!

The PHP development team announces the immediate availability of PHP 8.2.5. This is a bug fix release.
All PHP 8.2 users are encouraged to upgrade to this version.
For source downloads of PHP 8.2.5 please visit our downloads page, Windows source and binaries can be found on windows.php.net/download/. The list of changes is recorded in the ChangeLog.

PHP 8.1.18 Released!

The PHP development team announces the immediate availability of PHP 8.1.18. This is a bug fix release.
All PHP 8.1 users are encouraged to upgrade to this version.
For source downloads of PHP 8.1.18 please visit our downloads page, Windows source and binaries can be found on windows.php.net/download/. The list of changes is recorded in the ChangeLog.

Yeah ,
pity we have to wait to the next DA release fo such updates, still waiting for the nginx update :(

Based on the previous PHP releases they are available soon on the files.directadmin.com mirror to prepare for the next DA update. You can check it yourself on https://files.directadmin.com/services/custombuild. So if that's the case you don't have to wait, just edit the custom_versions.txt.

For example for Nginx:

Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
echo "nginx:1.23.4:" >> custom_versions.txt
./build nginx

Done. Nginx 1.23.4 (same functionality as Nginx 1.24.0 stable, stable is based on 1.23.4, see the changelog) is already on the files mirror. I believe DirectAdmin doesn't use "stable" branch anymore, just the Mainline branch.

Same for PHP. If I'm doing maintenance on my servers and I see updates (and are mostly available on files.directadmin.com) I don't wait anymore and I change it myself.

Based on the previous PHP releases they are available soon on the files.directadmin.com mirror to prepare for the next DA update.
If they post the updates there, then yes, you can grab them. But I don't know what they are doing with https://files.directadmin.com/services/custombuild but it's not always used to deliver updates. I find the whole process to be a mess now. It used to be we could get these updates quickly, now they are slow. To grab some updates we are forced to update DA, which is crazy given how bug riddled updates are now. It's rare that a new update doesnt require at least five hot fixes. In one instance there were 14.

Back