PHP Or Custombuild Issues

developer123

Greetings everyone.

Current PHP Verrsion : 5.2.17
Custom Build : 2.0

Issue : Yesterday i uploaded my website on directadmin www.pvaaccounts.com

After uploading website it gave me following error :
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONST in CodeIgniter.php file

Means i have old php version. In order to update php i searched and installed customer build 2.0 and it showed me this error :

Warning: shell_exec(): Cannot execute using backquotes in Safe Mode in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/custombuild/admin/elements/header.php on line 7

Where in my phpinfo SAFE_MODE is already OFF

I tried to do same thing through SSH but i didnt find it in my admin menu. tried to install putty but it require .tar.gz format file and on putty website they only have .tar file and DA giving error on that.

2ls8m8h.png

2vtv5hx.png

What's the output of below commands?

cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild

./build version

I tried to do same thing through SSH but i didnt find it in my admin menu. tried to install putty but it require .tar.gz format file and on putty website they only have .tar file and DA giving error on that.

yaer much to old php not secure .

But you did use custombuild before ( version1.x ) ?

Upgrading custumbuild to version 2 needed requirements and more to look after her in forum with forum or websearch.

Also if old to old OS os other things you better not do updates on that box but install from scratch newer/newest versions, with such old php version probably a lot of software / apss are out of date.

Further:
PUTTY is not to install on directadmin for ssh access you installed puty on your client , there you start putty with a ssh session to server. ;)

If no knowledge enough of LINUX and or DA better not to update yourself my opinion while as regarding updating very old systems need a lot attention to do it right. ?

Current PHP Verrsion : 5.2.17

This is software that was released in 2011 and hasn't been updated since. How on earth is it possible you are still running this?
You will never get anything running like that and it's just dangerous to have it out there.

Maybe best to start with a fresh installation of Directadmin. It will be the quickest and most reliable solution I think, if PHP is THAT old, changes are high your OS and other software are dangerously out of date too.

Last edited:
@developer123,

Custombuild 2.0 does not support PHP 5.2, since that the plugin might not work under PHP 5.2. If this is the case you need to update PHP manually in shell.

Check this guide: https://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=345

@ZipperZapper,

That's not only WP and Joomla which are used on servers. There is commercial software which might require older PHP versions and financial reasons not to update it.

I don't say it's good. But I saw numerous examples of this in my experience. And this can be handled good enough by settings an older PHP version as optional in custombuild or even by moving it out of custombuild.

And by the way the OP started the thread to get help to update PHP version.

And I don't see any reason to re-install OS or Directadmin only because of old PHP.

Back